What’s your best Garage Sale finds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my brothers, and his wife, conducted estate sales as a retirement income. These sales usually require hauling off a bunch of trash that is not worth anything. There was a pile of trash in the garage, and as they were loading it to take to the dump, there was an old dirty Navajo looking rig. My sister in-law cleaned it up a little, placed it on E-bay, and discribed it as a Navajo looking rig. I can't remember the details but, the bidding went nuts, and it brought $3,000.00/$4,000.00, and sold. some time later she saw this same rug on Antiques Road Show, and they estimated it's value at $40,000.00+! I guess stories like this is what keeps people treasure hunting?

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once bought an ouboard motor for $50 in the late 80's. Drove to lake and set up on a saw horse in 2 ft of water. Cleaned and adjusted carbs. 4hrs total invesment from purchase to sale for $700. Had $2 in new fuel and $1.50 in gas line. Thats $161.62 an hour. I don't think I've beat that .

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paid $5 for these a week ago. They retail for $80-$90.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom