What .380 ammo do you carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, I'm probably going to make a purchase next week. I start a new job Monday and when I start getting paid for that, I'm thinking of adding an optics ready 9mm to the rotation.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there was a surgeon who wrote up alot of information about the gunshot wounds lethal and non lethal that had a really good real life type information on all kinds of calibers. he had a particular round in 380 that he said was about as good as 380 could be but it escapes me now what it was. i purchased some on his recommendation but i haven't carry a 380 in such a long time i don't remember the particulars. does anyone else remember this guys name or website?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you remember the long posting on here by a coroner from Atlanta, Ga.. He went into details of various wounds caused by different brands of ammo. He said that the Speer Gold Dots caused the most damage compared to other brands of ammo. I know this was years ago and something better might be available now.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just found the article it was posted by Idp4570 on 7-4-2010. It is a 22-page posting titled "Terminal Ballistics from the Morgue". I'm not going to summarize the article but, he says carry a .45acp. He says he has seen 9mm and .380acp hit a bone and skip off in a non-vital direction. He saw 9mm and .380acp the most but, they don't stop a bad guy quick enough. Maybe if there is enough interest a moderator could post a link or repost the article. It is very interesting. I had printed it off and had it in a notebook.

Latest posts

Top Bottom