What 9mm headstamps do you stay away from?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CBC & STV. I toss every one of them. I've been having issues as of late with the primer pockets in S&B brass, so lately I've been tossing those as well. Just not worth the hassle.

Regarding the small flash holes in Norma, I've just been punching through them with the FW Arms decapping die. I bulk decap as a first step, so any mixed in Norma get processed with everything else. It goes right through that smaller flash hole and opens it up a little bit. All my Norma brass has shot fine after decapping.

Duckhunter39480

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had the same experience with A&B rifle brass. On the old RCBS deprime pins without the biult in head, the S&B brass would pull the deprime pin out of the die. Other times the pin would would not go through the flash home.

Upgrayedd

Marksman
Reaction score
I mostly reload range brass I pick up myself and the only things I tend to throw away are aluminum cases and the ones with 2 flash holes that I can't de-prime with my Lee Turret press. I don't think I've ever come across a mil crimp in pistol brass, but I'll keep an eye out for it now.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Have any of you guys run into the Norma 9mm brass with the small flash holes? Terrible stuff, it will stop a progressive press dead. The primer de-capping pin in my Dillon dies will not go into the flash hole on Norma brass at all. add this this that some of the flash holes are off center.

I’ve heard the off center flash holes are a thing in GFL stamped brass. I haven’t encountered any yet though.

Some say that ‘GFL’ stands for “Good Fu**ing Luck.”

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I mostly reload range brass I pick up myself and the only things I tend to throw away are aluminum cases and the ones with 2 flash holes that I can't de-prime with my Lee Turret press. I don't think I've ever come across a mil crimp in pistol brass, but I'll keep an eye out for it now.

I would say I’ve gotten about 75% of my brass from the range. Finally finished sorting 9mm today and I have quite a few pieces of primer crimped brass.. they went into my junk brass container.

Some I have deprimed and went to prime and the primer wouldn’t go. That’s how I found out that 5.56 and 7.62x51 aren’t the only nato rounds in the crimped variety.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
CBC & STV. I toss every one of them. I've been having issues as of late with the primer pockets in S&B brass, so lately I've been tossing those as well. Just not worth the hassle.

Regarding the small flash holes in Norma, I've just been punching through them with the FW Arms decapping die. I bulk decap as a first step, so any mixed in Norma get processed with everything else. It goes right through that smaller flash hole and opens it up a little bit. All my Norma brass has shot fine after decapping.

I’ll keep CBC in mind… I seen a lot of that while sorting but I’d have to go look at some of my reloads to see if I’ve successfully loaded it.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is potentially good for me to know, since I have several CZs. If you don't mind; what is your OAL of your loaded rounds, and what weight bullets are you using?

I've noticed that once I get much further out than 1.030, my CZs start to run into chabering issues with 115 and 124gr bullets.
I was loading the HAP's at 1.08 and worked with every pistol except when loaded in CBC brass, you could actually see the round had a wasp waist look to it. I've since switched to Precision Delta HP 115's at 1.08 and RMR flat point 124's at 1.07and the round nose at 1.12. Hornady used to make a 124gr .355 flat point that was VERY accurate in the CZ's. I think they discontinued it awhile back to make the HAP's and charge more for them.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was loading the HAP's at 1.08 and worked with every pistol except when loaded in CBC brass, you could actually see the round had a wasp waist look to it. I've since switched to Precision Delta HP 115's at 1.08 and RMR flat point 124's at 1.07and the round nose at 1.12. Hornady used to make a 124gr .355 flat point that was VERY accurate in the CZ's. I think they discontinued it awhile back to make the HAP's and charge more for them.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom