What 9mm headstamps do you stay away from?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say I’ve gotten about 75% of my brass from the range. Finally finished sorting 9mm today and I have quite a few pieces of primer crimped brass.. they went into my junk brass container.

Some I have deprimed and went to prime and the primer wouldn’t go. That’s how I found out that 5.56 and 7.62x51 aren’t the only nato rounds in the crimped variety.
If it were me, I wouldn't scrap those crimped rounds. Rat hole them for emergencies. I can remember a few years back when 9mm brass was a hot commodity and expensive. Makes good trading material.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it were me, I wouldn't scrap those crimped rounds. Rat hole them for emergencies. I can remember a few years back when 9mm brass was a hot commodity and expensive. Makes good trading material.
If you or anyone else wants to work a trade for 9mm brass there might be some takers. Some of us have the luxury of a nice outdoor range where others leave brass for the pickers and we have picked until our fingers hurt. .
I have buckets full of brass and just can’t quit picking. I sorted a coffee can full of range pickups this morning and got at least 500 9mm’s, some 40’s and a few 45’s.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you or anyone else wants to work a trade for 9mm brass there might be some takers. Some of us have the luxury of a nice outdoor range where others leave brass for the pickers and we have picked until our fingers hurt. .
I have buckets full of brass and just can’t quit picking. I sorted a coffee can full of range pickups this morning and got at least 500 9mm’s, some 40’s and a few 45’s.
I’m a brass whore myself so I feel your pain.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brass marked CBC, GFL, S&B, PPU and a few more are made overseas for primers that are 0.0005" smaller at 0.1735" instead of the US at 0.174". Most times nobody notices except that foreign primers can be easy to insert in FC, WIN and other US made cases, with some unacceptably loose IMO.
The foreign cases are a perfect match for foreign primers. I got stuck buying A few thousand Magtech primers and ended up using them almost exclusively in foreign made cases. (I had good luck with R-P cases that worked well with both foreign and US primers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom