What almost got you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent 25 days in an icu burn center at age 16, parents were told I’d be in there for 6 months. Prayers work! 3rd and 4th degree burns over 40% of my body.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 Bullets, Fire, a dozer, a bull, a tractor, a race bike, a drag car & bike, Jeep, sheriff, off the top of a building, 4 brothers, farm life and.........

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My regulator failed while I was scuba diving and I learned the true meaning of the term “panic.”
WHOA! Did you have a backup reg that worked? Man, I can't imagine. Luckily I never dove deep enough or long enough that a rapid surface would give me trouble if I needed to do so... but it can get pretty hairy pretty quick. I know I've run my tanks down low enough a couple times it felt like I was pulling to get a breath. I don't want to do that again.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
One of the dumbest things I ever did. A group of friends in college used to race mountain bikes. We would take a 16 foot ladder to the north end of Red Rock Canyon and carry our bikes up and ride the trails up there. One misty day we got the hairbrained idea to ride the south rim. It’s misty and the trail is barely wide enough to walk much less ride a bike. Straight drop to the bottom if you make a mistake. My buddy Damon was in front of me and his front wheel slipped on a wet rock. Luckily he had the where with all to just plant his butt on the ground as his bike went over the side. Probably a 50-60 foot drop. It wasn’t me but very well could have been. I get a nervous feeling just telling the story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom