What almost got you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing up: drunk driver 1 & 2, 70's flu strain, penicillin. ARMY time: Stabbed, shot x2, run over, caught an up draft and chute collapsed. NAVY time: zapped while working on an S3B, blown off the deck of an aircraft carrier (caught the net thankfully), drunk driver # 3, medication error stopped my heart 3 times (week in ICU on that one). Retirement: Neurcardiogenic syncope events at crappy times(stairs sidewalks etc.), TBD...

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gymnastics. I did gymnastics from age 8 to almost 22. One day, in practice, I was warming up on the hi bar and while swinging backwards I missed my right hand on a re-grab, swung backwards on one hand and that hand slipped off. Landed on the side of my neck and my back folded in half. My coach watched this happen and said my butt actually hit my head. He though I was either dead or had snapped my back. Nope, hoped right up and tried to take a breath. I remember him yelling to lay back down fearing I hurt my back. Thankfully the only injury I had was just the breath knocked out of me. One other time while on rings I was doing a giant swing (starting in a hand stand you swing down and back up into a hand stand) and at the bottom of my swing my left grip (a strap of leather with a dowel rod that "grips" the ring) broke, causing me swing up not only on one hand but twisting to my right, all of which was too much for just my right and it came off the ring. At this point I was in college and had more than enough spatial awareness to spot the ground and twist my body so I landed on my back. Scared the hell out of my college coach though.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
68 Mustang totaled, I wasn't driving. 70 Mustang Mach 1 totaled, I was driving. Wreck on an old style skate board doing about 40 mph. Hit a rock and went sliding on the back top wearing the very short old style gym shorts. Almost walked off a mountain cliff if a friend hadn't grabbed me at the last moment. Almost floated out to sea in a john boat, getting cold beer, when a very bad storm formed creating a lot of wind and lightning making it impossible to see your land marks. I was pulling up other peoples crab traps and emptying them in the boat for entertainment for some drunk reason during this adventure. I had a lot of crabs in the boat and I was barefooted. Not a good combination. I was shot at by walking up on a moonshine still while trout fishing. Lucky his aim was bad from sampling his product. Been in a truck that had turned over on it's side. Looking out the driver's window revealed a sheer drop of about 100 plus feet to a rocky bottom. I was sitting in the middle and I was out of the truck with the ice chest, drinking a beer before the next person stuck his head out of the window to climb out. After the other two got out, they cussed me out claiming I stepped and stomped them while getting out of the truck. A log that ran paralleled to the road stopped the truck from dropping down the cliff. We were in a very remote place trout fishing that day. I'm going to stop on that one.

2 Timothy 4:7-8

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 2 very close calls on a pulling unit I decided i did not like to tempt fate and wound up quitting. The first one was i almost got caught in the draw works while the idiot driller forgot I was in there. Second was when we dropped a double joint of "3 tubing. Started filling out applications that day.

Plus a host of dirt bike and streetbike wrecks. Currently recovering from a broken leg in January I suffered on my Harley-Davidson.

Latest posts

Top Bottom