What almost got you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@AKguy1985 story reminded me of the time my brother in law and I were fishing on a pond dam. We were probably about 30-40 feet apart. We could hear someone shooting a 22 in the next section over. Something whizzed between us. We kinda looked at each other like WTH was that. Then something whizzed between us again. About that time we both figured out what was happening. We dive behind the dam and start yelling for them to stop. They must have heard us because the shooting stopped.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot about my subdural hematoma in 2011 that was caused by getting rear-ended over on Western Ave, southbound, just south of 164th. We were waiting on traffic to clear coming the other way so we could cross over into the driveway across the street to do some work and wham! I had to have brain surgery. The hematoma was squishing my brain and it was like I was having a stroke.

I had learned years ago not to turn your wheels in the direction you want to go when awaiting for traffic to clear when needing to cross over the lanes in the opposite direction. If I had turned the wheels, we would have been launched into the oncoming traffic. We would not have survived the 50 MPH head-on collision followed by that 50 MPH rear-ending. Anything smaller than the Suburban we were in and we might not have survived the rear-ender.

Woody

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mauled by a dog at age 5. It bit me in the neck and face. Missed my jugular by about a centimeter.
Pulmonary embolism 3 or 4 years ago.
Fainted for no known reason one day 2 years ago and fell to the concrete floor hitting my head. Woke up bleeding from my right ear. Had a scull fracture but no brain bleeding. The blood was from a ruptured ear canal.
There are more but these were the closest calls.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
OK. Remind me to never do a meet and greet with any OSA poeple...

...them folks, nice as they are, seem to attract bad things that nearly kill them. Don't want to be collateral damage for one of their "incidents."
Well then this will really scare you.

Tomorrow a bunch of us are getting together at a place where they make guns!

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

...them folks, nice as they are, seem to attract bad things that nearly kill them. Don't want to be collateral damage for one of their "incidents."
No kidding. And I think I live close to Snattlerake so now I gotta worry about lightning strikes.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mauled by a dog at age 5. It bit me in the neck and face. Missed my corroded artery by about a centimeter.
Pulmonary embolism 3 or 4 years ago.
Fainted for no known reason one day 2 years ago and fell to the concrete floor hitting my head. Woke up bleeding from my right ear. Had a scull fracture but no brain bleeding. The blood was from a ruptured ear canal.
There are more but these were the closest calls.
WOW! Your arteries were corroded at age 5? Mine took 55 years to corrode! :bolt:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Most of my bad stuff happened when I was much younger and a bouncer / BG, you should be safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom