What almost got you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Wife, when she asked if the skirt made her butt looked big..... When I was around 3 or 4, I fell through some ice on some water. If my cousin wasn't right there to pull me out, I'd be a goner.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I did some skydiving I couldn't get my main chute open, had to pull the reserve at about 2000 ft.
I really didn't feel scared or panicked at the time, my thoughts were something like "well, this isn't working, better try something else".

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dont have any feeling in my feet. Was cutting up a crane with a torch. got home that evening. Kicked my shoes off wife says whats that on the bottom of your shoe. A red hot 9/16 nut had burned through the sole of my shoe & burned a hole in my foot. took from June tell the last of October to heal. Weekly trips to foot clinic to trim out the proud flesh with no anesthetic.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont have any feeling in my feet. Was cutting up a crane with a torch. got home that evening. Kicked my shoes off wife says whats that on the bottom of your shoe. A red hot 9/16 nut had burned through the sole of my shoe & burned a hole in my foot. took from June tell the last of October to heal. Weekly trips to foot clinic to trim out the proud flesh with no anesthetic.
yikes!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Self-induced: dropping a 22-magnum single-action on its hammer with a cartridge under the hammer. BANG - shot in the left abdomen, bullet traveled under the ribs to under my left shoulder blade where it remains today, 46 years later.

Medical: schwannoma tumor on my cervical spine was robbing me of feeling in my lower extremities, solved by surgery in 2006. Also lost my left kidney to a non-cancerous tumor in 2012 and the right kidney isn't operating at full capacity.

Military: during live artillery fire at Ft. Sill with severe storms moving in (eventually included a tornado), the battery was told to move to a new firing position.This meant all of the ammunition that had been assembled with fuses had to be disassembled before moving. One gun section screwed up the disassembly of a variable-time fuse that includes a supplemental charge. I was the XO and was assisted by the senior NCO (chief of the battery) to fix the problem. We had to send everybody away while we fixed that problem with lightning dancing all around the position. I just knew static was going to get into that supplemental charge.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing like the rest of you guys. I worked for a Holiday Inn while I was in college. The chlorine gas line for the pool started a leak and I was sent in to fix it. Spent two days in the hospital for that. Another time, while checking the parking lot at night, was shot at by a jerk trying to break into cars. And finally, one night while working the desk, I was the victim of an armed robbery. That barrel looked like a 50 caliber pointed across the top of the cash register!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
No kidding. And I think I live close to Snattlerake so now I gotta worry about lightning strikes.
Hee Hee! Dass Mee!

giphy.gif

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! Did you have your buddy’s octo? Or yours? Or a backup air?
It happened on my checkout dive, first time out of the pool. My octopus got caught behind my tank, and my "buddy" swam off to play with his friend. I actually turned to the surface, and then heard a voice in my head say "Don't do that, you'll die." Then I saw my "buddy" swam to him and ripped the regulator out of his mouth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom