What Ammo in Your Carry Gun or Guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both solid choices. Well, they aren't actually solid, like an FMJ is solid, since they are hollowpoints, but they are good choices anyway. The Gold Dots and HST's, I mean, not the FMJ. But then again, if FMJ is all your gun eats well, then it's a solid choice with a solid bullet. The gun, on the other, hand may be somewhat suspect. Having said that, I did have a SIG P239 I tried and tried to love but the thing would choke and gag on FMJ sometimes. Go figure; that was not a solid choice. Now my Sig M11A1, now that gun is a very solid choice. I think I have Gold Dots in it right now but they might be HST's...I can't remember if I changed the ammo out on that gun or not. At least I'm sure it isn't loaded with FMJ, that would not be a solid choice. Unless...well, you know.

Um, Joel, isn't it a little early?

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't go out often, but when i do so the 40mm Blooper would be my choice. 40mm, don't leave home without it. course it's not much good inside of 13 meters.

readers advisory and caution; i don't own a Blooper. LOL

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Druryj, you ever try out the Underwood ammo yet? I saw the specs and looked at the gel tests so I got some .38 standard pressure for my older snubbies. Haven't shot them yet though. I'm concerned that even though it's standard pressure, the muzzle energy advertised is about 100lbs greater than the Speer GD I usually carry, so I'm wondering how bad the recoil/muzzle flash would be and if my model 60 or older 640 can take it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom