What are Oklahomans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most Oklahomans are:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct. The Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled that political parties are essentially private clubs,and can make their own rules.

However, the OSC declined to explain why the taxpayers are paying for the elections of the private clubs.
Yeah, I've heard more than one pundit trying to justify Oklahoma's closed primary system by talking about the two parties being private entities, but those primaries are held at the normal polling places using county election board ballots and county election board equipment and the votes are tallied by the county election board.

So tell me again why we have closed primaries?

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to change my label. I was a libertarian, however libertarians support the current "Corporations can do what they want" and "unfettered immigration is good" thought processes, and don't care where their products are made, as long as they are cheap. Problem is we are not an isolationist country, so therefore libertarian ideals are not the best for a country to survive in the global economy and currently empower billionaires way to much. That leaves me with Classical Liberal or Conservative.

The libertarian's heart is in the right place. They've just been sold a lie about where liberty comes from. It's not their fault, they were raised in a post-Enlightenment society like the rest of us and surrounded with the same propaganda. A Cargo Cult, trying to bring about a certain type of society with a population that isn't capable of it.

I'm still registered Libertarian on my voting ID. Not sure where I belong now.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep... Honestly, libertarians live in a fantasy world. They're more idealistic than modern liberals. I do like the idea of people being free to do what they like as long as it doesn't harm others idea, for the most part. They just take it a little too far for my taste.
I almost always distinguish that I'm a small "l" libertarian. The Libertarian Party is full of kooks who do take things too far. Besides, I don't want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member! ;)

Reactions: V98

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ll, thanks for participating in the poll! Looks like this bunch is overwhelming conservative with a libertarian (small “l”) bent.

Not sure this group is representative of all Oklahomans but I bet it’s pretty close! Great discussion and some thoughtful comments.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom