What are square body Chevys going for down in the city?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid 1,400 for a 1980 on the forum and seen others around that price but they all need a rebuilt engine and interior.. of course that is to be expected.. clean titles of course.

The cleaner it is the more it will bring and short beds seem to be in the money more than the long beds.
Of course i am handy and I have never had more than $4500 tied up in a vehicle when it is done and on the road.
So i could be odd man out on pricing.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know the 88-98s are going up. For one in DECENT used AND drive-able condition, it seems to be all over the place from $2000 up to $7000+. With most being in the $3000-$4000 range. Also keep in mind most of my "research" comes from Farcebook Mark-it-up Place and Craigslist.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prices keep going up on restored trucks . More people want less computer crap and more reliable vehicles. The square body trucks have really gone up at Mecums Auctions as they are beautifully restored. Been following them for quite a few years. A lot depends on condition ,mileage ,etc. of course.
The older trucks that are worn out high mileage have gone down in price.

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I never realized that anyone replied to my thread. My apologies, guys.

How about a 1974 model square body and a 1986 model square body. Let’s say they all need body, interior, and engine work.

I have a 1972 GMC 2500 as well I just don’t know if I’m comfortable selling it yet.

All 2wd of course. I think all long beds.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are winding down in popularity the last couple years or so. But some pay good for them. Don’t know till you hang a sign on them!

Oh they are out there that don’t give a care where you are at. I knew guys drive 2 states to get them when they were at the high popularity!

Latest posts

Top Bottom