What are these rims worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed here in Alabama that the trend is to raise the front end while leaving the back end of the truck at normal height. I just wonder if they are done that way with hydraulics or something so they can lower the front for the headlights to illuminate the highway at night.
That's called the Carolina squat. And it's illegal in South Carolina now and a couple other states. I've seen people do it in Oklahoma and it looks dumb.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I visit a Chevy truck forum from time to time. Lots of talk about lift kits and big tires, guys spend a couple grand to make the truck look stupid then come back a few months later complaining about gas mileage, alignment and front end issues. I think it's funny as heck.
You’re very right, but a lot of those guys are like my buddy, who went from stock to a 6” lift, 22” -28+ offset wheels, and 35” mud terrains. Without any supporting modifications or differential drops. I’m planning on downsizing to 17” steel wheels with a -12 offset, upping the tires to 33s, and installing a 3” level kit to eliminate the factory rake, give me a little more ground clearance. Maybe install a diff drop if I need to, but I highly doubt it. My stock suspension is mediocre on road, and terrible off road. I also have the ground clearance and approach angle of a small crossover. I have difficulty getting through nice wma roads and to camping sites in rugged state parks without dragging my bumpers or bottoming out, and the floatation I get from my 265/60 tires is pretty similar to a hard tired forklift. I doubt I’ll regret the change.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's called the Carolina squat. And it's illegal in South Carolina now and a couple other states. I've seen people do it in Oklahoma and it looks dumb.
Funny thing is, it actually has roots in very functional trucks. Well, Baja race trucks. The suspension is built so they can take jumps and such. It’s popular in Southern California too, but not to the ridiculous extent you see in the south. In Cali they’re actually going for Baja truck looks and such, not just dumb crap like you see in Florida.

Attachments

• 2903B604-FA0A-4BB9-BFEA-EE8E56E0FB52.jpeg
    2903B604-FA0A-4BB9-BFEA-EE8E56E0FB52.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 40

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing is, it actually has roots in very functional trucks. Well, Baja race trucks. The suspension is built so they can take jumps and such. It’s popular in Southern California too, but not to the ridiculous extent you see in the south. In Cali they’re actually going for Baja truck looks and such, not just dumb crap like you see in Florida.
And apparently it screws up the handling and then you have the safety issues with the headlights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom