What are those itty bitty black flying bugs in my apartment???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had the same problem in an apartment. turned out that they were breeding in the dirt in our potted plants. plants went outside, bug problem solved.

they're also pretty thick around a worm farm if you ever get the urge to make one :P

RIwoman

New to the site!
Reaction score
The past week it is getting bad with the little black bugs. They go for your face all the time. I see they suggest the drains but I read something on line about plants and watering the dirt. If it is to wet and no proper drainage they lay there eggs in there. You should let the plant get a dry as possible and then water it so the water is all absorbed. We have them in both our bathrooms and in our computer rooms. mightymouse Sharpshooter please let me know how you make out. thank you

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The past week it is getting bad with the little black bugs. They go for your face all the time. I see they suggest the drains but I read something on line about plants and watering the dirt. If it is to wet and no proper drainage they lay there eggs in there. You should let the plant get a dry as possible and then water it so the water is all absorbed. We have them in both our bathrooms and in our computer rooms. mightymouse Sharpshooter please let me know how you make out. thank you

Welcome to OSA!

savie4ever

New to the site!
Reaction score
Im finding small black bugs flying around in my house I don't have any plants indoor or rotten fruit but I do have a growing area in my backyard but its fully enclosed so they cant be the issue there isn't a lot of them but god dam they can be annoying when im gaming on my pc in the night they fly in my face and on my body annoying me until its killed but their a bit smaller that any fruit fly or fungus gnat I ever dealt with before the drains will be first on my list but for ppl with plants indoor regardless of type neem oil works well for fungus gnats and almost any small bugs you find in your soil indoors so long as you don't overwater the plant I recommend a stronger solution of it based on the infestation your fighting also look for any possible mold near or in your living space :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom