what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpg
Decisions decisions..... I cracked open the 4 roses the other night and it was pretty smooth. Maybe try some Woodford Reserve.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I am curious how the others taste. Never tried bourbon before and after seeing this thread last fall. I decided to try it. The 4 Rose was nice and I'm hoping to try the others soon. I was hoping bourbon was more palatable than scotch. Someone mentioned a Glenlivet 15yr a few years ago and I tried it and dang near choked spitting it out. Poured the bottle out and swore off scotch. If the others are close to the 4 rose. I should be good.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4 roses small batch and single barrel are better. Marked mark I find has a little sweeter edge to it at least that's how my taste buds act

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am curious how the others taste. Never tried bourbon before and after seeing this thread last fall. I decided to try it. The 4 Rose was nice and I'm hoping to try the others soon. I was hoping bourbon was more palatable than scotch. Someone mentioned a Glenlivet 15yr a few years ago and I tried it and dang near choked spitting it out. Poured the bottle out and swore off scotch. If the others are close to the 4 rose. I should be good.

Oh my gersh, don't do that! Send it to me instead! Hahaha.

What about Scotch do you find off-putting? There are lots of types from various regions that have different characteristics.

A bottle of Jack Daniel's ended up at my house after a party. I never cracked it open, just stared at it, figuring it was probably all marketing and no flavor. Finally I tried it. To my surprise it wasn't half bad. Very sweet, though, but pretty good overall. I enjoy Buffalo Trace bourbon as well, but I haven't tried a lot of bourbons.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpg
To me it tasted like what I would imagine acetone tastes like. But then again, it was my first taste of scotch.

I guess I seem to have found a hard to find bottle of Weller 12yr. I have been searching for this at least 6 months and every store I went into said it wasn't avail and two told me it was usually given to the owners as a gift. Found it at a store near 21st and Sheridan for 21.49. They had one bottle in the back for whatever reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom