what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight it is Evan Williams and Coke while listening to music. Might hit my local liquor store tomorrow as they have several bottles of my favorite bourbon.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Tonight it is Evan Williams and Coke while listening to music. Might hit my local liquor store tomorrow as they have several bottles of my favorite bourbon.
I've been sipping on some Evan Williams BIB White Label for a couple of weeks.

It's pretty good bourbon, especially for $13.

fe6532b97fb65acb24edfc7b07d9ab8b.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have some Hiram Walker apricot brandy that I'll probably sample in a bit. Maybe in a cup of coffee.

We just finished supper btw... pimiento cheese and jalapeno sandwiches. :D

I've got some of that... the brandy, not the cheese. I haven't opened it yet.

Last night me and 2 friends sat outside a couple hours after I made up some chicken roulade and enjoyed sampling a number of things.

First was Jameson Caskmates IPA, then the Caskmates Stout version. Both of these are phenomenal. Throw away all your old thoughts about Irish whiskey and TRY THESE. Seriously. Very smooth, not at ALL like you remember plain ol' Jameson's to be! Add just a dollop of tap water and it really opens them up quite a bit and smooths them out even more. Very light with none of the harsh kick you expect from an Irish whiskey. I can't recommend these enough, and at $34/bottle, they won't break the bank nearly as badly as my beloved single malts will!

After a half-bottle of each of those, we started doing vodka shots. Now, I've never been a huge vodka fan, have always just considered it a "mixer" more than anything else. Even the "high-end" vodkas I didn't like, always had a funny aftertaste, kinda... I dunno, almost medicinal or petroleum-like. You name it, Belvedere, Chopin, Grey Goose, whatever. Didn't like them and just "tolerated" them in mixed drinks.

Then I found Tito's. Loved it. First vodka I could drink straight and didn't make me grimace. Then I found Dripping Springs, through a recommendation in this thread (thank you!). I've been on Dripping Springs for a year or so, but last time at the liquor store I saw a big display for Texas-made Western Son vodka, and the guy working said he loved it and it has become his replacement for Tito's. So, naturally, even though I had recently picked up a half-gallon of Dripping Springs that was still unopened in the cabinet, this stuff was cheap cheap... like, $27 I think (for a half-gallon)? So I grabbed it. And last night, we tried it.

Holy crap. This stuff is amazing. Straight shooters, almost no taste whatsoever, very clean and light. Loved it. This is, in my opinion, a perfect vodka for mixing whatever, it will do absolutely nothing to color the flavor of your drink. I can't wait to try some Bloody Marys or a screwdriver with this, maybe a fuzzy navel with that apricot brandy mentioned above? I don't know, but what I do know is this is my absolute new go-to vodka.

www.universalfws.com_images_Product_large_856417003000.jpg

Give it a try. Oh, and they have a bunch of flavored ones, too, but that's not my bag, so.... whatever. But I can't imagine they'd be bad.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided to venture out of my Jack Daniel's and Crown Royal standards and tried Bulleit on ice tonight. I don't drink very often, but when I do I tend to drink a lot (think shots and beer by the pitcher) so I'm trying it the whole sipping concept. So far I've found Bookers to be quite satisfying and now that I've tried Bulleit, I think I've found another "sipping" drink.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I decided to venture out of my Jack Daniel's and Crown Royal standards and tried Bulleit on ice tonight. I don't drink very often, but when I do I tend to drink a lot (think shots and beer by the pitcher) so I'm trying it the whole sipping concept. So far I've found Bookers to be quite satisfying and now that I've tried Bulleit, I think I've found another "sipping" drink.
Bulleit is on my short list to try along with Buffalo Trace and Monkey Shoulder.

I hear that Bulleit Rye is good also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom