what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
No problem man, I take my bourbon seriously. I guess I’m a bit of a pansy when it comes to Scotch though seeing as I mainly stick to the highlands. The smokey/peaty stuff just doesn’t do it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which smokey/peaty Scotch have you tried?

I've been reading a lot about Laphroiag 10 and I'm thinking I need to try it but darn it's expensive around here.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've been reading a lot about Laphroiag 10 and I'm thinking I need to try it but darn it's expensive around here.

Lagavulin is "better" FWIW to me. It's more smokey with a lot of peat whereas Laphroaig is straight up peat.... and then some.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of the Islays are going to give you some smoke, to some amount or other. At least in my experience. Bowmore is very good, Auchentoshen has slightly more bite - I've been to the distillery for these and took the tour - incredible! Lagavulin and Laphroig are both pretty smoky, I'm not a fan of the smoke, either.

I like the Highland malts for the most part. I'm really a fan of sherry-finished single malts. Port finishes are great, as well. Last night I ended up having a few glasses of my precious Balvenie Portwood - but only because I should have 4 more bottles from my stash in the islands delivered sometime in the next week or so.
:drunk5:

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Laphroiag is actually THE Scotch I was thinking of when I typed that comment. Blech!!!! That said, I have a couple of buddies that love the stuff. It all comes down to what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom