what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the utility room cabinets today and spotted some XO extra smooth Brandy that I think was bought to make some Brandy/shroom cream sauce for steaks and forgot about it. Forgot how much I like Brandy, neat.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up some Wild Turkey 101 rye the other day, in addition to more Elijah Craig and Sazerac. I have never been huge Wild Turkey fan, but I was looking for another rye to try that wasn't an arm and a leg - those things are getting to be like single malt, when it comes to the pocketbook!

Have you tried Bulleit Rye? I bought a bottle of it last year and liked it.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try Old Overholt or George Dickel rye.

I want to try Rittenhouse Rye....I hear it's cheap but has a great rye flavor.

1792 is supposed to have a "high" rye mashbill...but to me it's weak as water!!! And the 1792 small batch is as weak as the regular.

Last edited:

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just at my local liquor store in Bartlesville. I'll check it when I get home to make sure I didn't misspeak, but I'm pretty sure I saw 50.5% on the label.

How did you like the 80 proof? I asked the owner on my way out how it was he he said "it was okay". He loves to talk bourbon and rye, so that's damning with faint praise from him. lol. If I'd asked him before I paid, I'd have picked up something else... like another bottle of Sazerac, which is my favorite!

They do indeed make it in 101 so you're likely correct. I haven't pick up the 80 proof yet. Just really interested in the 101. I have a bit of a collection of rye. Having a hard time finding the Sazerac, really want to try it. Canadian rye is good too. Lot 40 rye is great.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do indeed make it in 101 so you're likely correct. I haven't pick up the 80 proof yet. Just really interested in the 101. I have a bit of a collection of rye. Having a hard time finding the Sazerac, really want to try it. Canadian rye is good too. Lot 40 rye is great.

I was in Byrans yesterday and they have Sazerac rye............across from the scotch is the rye section.

Grand Cru (Britton and May) always has a few bottles.....up in the front just to the South of the cash registers.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Byrans yesterday and they have Sazerac rye............across from the scotch is the rye section.

Grand Cru (Britton and May) always has a few bottles.....up in the front just to the South of the cash registers.

Thanks Cohiba. I'm in town this weekend. Gonna stop in and take a look.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Enjoying a pint of Pappy Burleson 13% abv.

c85f5f2abc9b53a9f6e52eafe9321400.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom