what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3fd4129f9ca065e0d079320e12e19ad7.jpg

Ahhh....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I will have some Macallan tonite, to celebrate the nice weather!

I'll have to wait a little bit, though, I have to deliver food to the firedogs first, so I gotta hold off on the libations 'till the pork butts are done.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MMMMmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Jim Beam Repeal Batch......very good bourbon. Yea,yea, I know...Jim Beam and good...I must be kidding. This is a non-chill filter bourbon and the recipe/mashbill is supposed to be the same as when they started making JB again after the repeal of prohibition. $18 bucks...I gotta but the other 2 bottles they have!!!

**I'm not a big fan of JB but I do like their other makes-Knob Creek, Bakers, Bookers...even Old Crow.**

I know it states "limited" but I hope they keep making this. It's a very nice..full flavor...almost sweet...bourbon.

***BIG thank you to Derrick (and Dale the owner) over at Gran Cru Wine and Spirit. He looked it up and the whole seller had it...so he has it in the store.
GCbuilding.jpg

INr1yzO.jpg

Two of my favorite reviewers talked me into this and I am glad I bought it!!!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I learned something... :D

Believe it or not, hot chicken bouillon (I used the chicken powder that has a strong celery taste) and tabasco mixes great with alcohol. I used 1 oz Everclear, but a decent vodka would probably be even better.

I tried it with Worcestershire first, but it's not necessary unless you just like that flavor.

I found some recipes online for cold bouillon drinks, but thought I'd give it a try with it heated. Much better than I expected.

Color me surprised. :drunk2:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So generally speaking I drink my spirits neat . Today I decided to try an Old Fashioned .

1 tsp raw pure cain sugar
2 shots bourbon
1 shot H2O
Piece of orange peel (1 inch x 2 inch approximately )
Bitters
1 large ice cube
Couple dashes ground nutmeg

In tumbler add sugar and several dashes bitters (get sugar saturated with bitters)
Add bourbon and water stir until sugar is dissolved
Kind of pinch / squeeze orange peel to release oils (don't go crazy or it will over power other flavors and when peeling orange try to stay out of the white ) drop in tumbler.
Add a couple dashes nutmeg
Add ice cube and stir a little.enjoy
65adba1e8dfa7927fff164a945987f68.jpg

Guess I need to add that I am really liking this and keep having to edit do to my fat fingers getting out of control LOL On my third drink lol!!
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So generally speaking I drink my spirits neat . Today I decided to try an Old Fashioned .

1 tsp raw pure cain sugar
2 shots bourbon
1 shot H2O
Piece of orange peel (1 inch x 2 inch approximately )
Bitters
1 large ice cube
Couple dashes ground nutmeg

In tumbler add sugar and several dashes bitters (get sugar saturated with bitters)
Add bourbon and water stir until sugar is dissolved
Kind of pinch / squeeze orange peel to release oils (don't go crazy or it will over power other flavors and when peeling orange try to stay out of the white ) drop in tumbler.
Add a couple dashes nutmeg
Add ice cube and stir a little.enjoy
65adba1e8dfa7927fff164a945987f68.jpg

Guess I need to add that I am really liking this and keep having to edit do to my fat fingers getting out of control LOL On my third drink lol!!
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of old fashioneds, but my fave is a Manhattan. Very few bars know how to mix one properly. I'll order one, and see negative look in the wait staff eyes. About 10 minutes later they come back and ask what kind of whisky.
Rye whisky of course. Then 5 minutes later they come back and say they don't have rye whisky.
That's when I order a bourbon and seven with a lemon twist.
A Manhattan is a cocktail made with whiskey, sweet vermouth and bitters. While rye is the traditional whiskey of choice, other commonly used whiskeys include Canadian whisky, bourbon, blended whiskey and Tennessee whiskey.
Main alcohol: Whiskey
Ingredients: Maraschino cherry (Garnish), Dash Angostura bitters, 2 oz Rye or Canadian whisky, 3/4 oz Sweet red vermouth
Preparation: Stirred over ice, strained into a chilled glass, garnished, and served straight up.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Cherry
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Latest posts

Top Bottom