what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Having some Jameson Black Bush Irish whisky in anticipation of St Patrick's day. Aged in Sherry casks. Has a nice sweet undertaste of the sherry.
This?...

3fa7bf8d746938d56882bb8c4371e33b.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes sir! Wonderful stuff.
I have an interesting story about that stuff. We love to go to an Irish bar in Branson Missouri on our annual fall trout fishing trip.
We had a wait staff lady come to our table that was a black chic, and obviously new to the bar.
She asked the wife what she wanted to drink and then asked me. I looked her square in the eye and said I'd like to have some Black Bush.
It was hard to tell what the reaction was, but without a smile I just turned and pointed to a big poster on the wall that had a picture just like you posted on it that was the special of the week.
I think she realized then what just happened and we got a good laugh out of it. Fun times the rest of the evening.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Christian Brothers Brandy

However, "enjoying" might be a stretch.

It smells and tastes more like cheap whiskey than brandy IMO. Usually buy Hiram Walker Apricot Brandy, but apparently I was feeling a wee bit adventurous. :D

So I've stirred in a little Griffin's pancake syrup to make it taste more brandy-like (to me, anyway). Still not great, but much better.

First time buy, and probably the last. Apologies if anyone here is a fan.
:drunk2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a fan of that brandy. A buddy after a long day of bird hunting when the guns were put up would always have a small bottle of VSOP brandy for those in the group to have a toast to the hunt.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not tried many different brandies, but the ones I have tried were either sweet or tart. And they were obviously brandy.

This stuff (straight) literally tastes and smells like cheap whiskey to me. Adding the Griffin's syrup (about 1/2 finger syrup to 2 fingers brandy) actually brings out a decent brandy flavor.

Weirdest thing I've ever ran across regarding liquor. And I've mixed some odd stuff together... :D

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a couple Japanese whiskeys. Some are ok, others less so.

The coffee bean one I opened the other night was a little harsh, but after airing for 10 minutes or so smoothed out a good bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom