What are you guys doing to control ants this year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using Termador for the last 5 years. One spray usually knocks 'em out. Just mix some up in a pump sprayer, wait until it's not going to rain for a few days, and give 'em heck.
I have some of this. It is excellent. How it works is an ant gets the stuff on then and goes back to the nest and it spreads it to the other ones. Works for termites really well. There is another spray that works great, it’s called Talstar P. I spray red ants and within 15 minutes they are dead.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spraying the yard with Spectracide Triazicide.
Going around the outside of the house with Bifenthrin solution.
Hitting all ant hills around the yard with Amdro.
I used triazicide last year because I got hit with army worms bad. It took them out pretty quick. But I sure sucked spraying my yard.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just keep them away from the house with the diazanon granules. I actually want them in my yard cause I understand some varieties will use termite tunnels to eradicate the termite colony. Preventing those any way I can.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the only thing i have problems with this stuff killing is wasps and i have started putting a little soap in mix when i spray their nests and that seems to work better.
Yeah, with wasps I use Raid wasp and hornet killer. Whatever's in there is kill-on-contact murder milk. They drop mid flight. I always keep a few cans of that on hand, and Raid Flying Insect Killer for gnats and flies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom