What are you guys doing to control ants this year?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a little something today to put down for fleas, ticks, ants etc etc.
20220512_122147.jpg

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This year has been by far the worst I've seen the ants. I usually just used Ortho Home Defense and spray around the brick of the house, but this year it was like the Rio Grande, it seem thousands were invading each day. I got some Amdro ant block bait and spread it around the sides and back of my house while using the home defense spray to divert them from the house. That was on Tuesday. Today the only ants we found were a bunch of dead/dying ones in the tub. So hopefully I killed the whole hive of them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I treat individual fire ant beds with Tempo dust. I generally only have a couple or three pop up after every rain, and after treatment, I don’t have any beds until it rains again.
Tempo spray here. I coat all the trees for the black carpenter ants and then the piles around the yard with the 100 gallon three point sprayer. We have zillions of the little pith ants, while the carpenter ants have killed a few trees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom