What are you using to run your suppressors “wet”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old-school AWC .45 suppressor is significantly quieter when wet. I've used both water and Ideal wire pulling gel. It lasts about 6 shots, then gets progressively louder until 10, when it shoots at its normal level.

In playing with a couple of newer .22 suppressors, shooting them wet is both quieter and more importantly, will get rid of first round pop.

Theoretically, if one was to want to dispatch a nuisance or pest animal in town, shooting a wet suppressor is the way to go.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old-school AWC .45 suppressor is significantly quieter when wet. I've used both water and Ideal wire pulling gel. It lasts about 6 shots, then gets progressively louder until 10, when it shoots at its normal level.

In playing with a couple of newer .22 suppressors, shooting them wet is both quieter and more importantly, will get rid of first round pop.

Theoretically, if one was to want to dispatch a nuisance or pest animal in town, shooting a wet suppressor is the way to go.
I never even thought of wetting any of my .22 suppressors. They are very quiet with subsonic ammo. They work great in town for animal control. Just saying for a friend.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never even thought of wetting any of my .22 suppressors. They are very quiet with subsonic ammo. They work great in town for animal control. Just saying for a friend.

Yep, the are very quiet dry with subsonic ammo, especially in something like a bolt action or a non-blowback action. They are even more quiet wet. Just saying for those in situations that require the upmost discretion, as not all neighborhoods are the same.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Asking for a friend. What is the best lube to run a suppressor wet with? I was told water is always the best because it has the highest specific gravity. However, I have seen other folks that use wire pulling lube. There are also a few other products I’ve heard being used. So what are you fellas using?
Ultrasound lube. Even comes in a convenient squirt bottle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom