What are your favorite drills to do with your carry gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends

I've been going to the range about once a week for a little over a year just work on fundamentals. If I do well I'm happy, if I do poorly, oh well, there's always next week.

Practice for self defense is more important so my practice is an attempt to replicate a self defense encounter, again SELF defense (and those very, very few that I'm willing to bleed for), I am not a white knight so white knight practice doesn't concern or interest me.

I watched this video when it first hit YouTube and since I already had airsoft and a BOB dummy I've incorporated this into my SELF defense practice. Should you decide to practice as is shown here always wear eye protection and keep your mouth closed, those little plastic BB's will chip teeth and will sometimes break skin.

The great things about this type of practice is that allows you do things that you could never do safely live fire but are the things that should be practiced for self defense. You can practice anytime you want. It costs pennies on the dollar compared to live fire. While not shown here practice can be done safely from all angles, just don't hit the lights on the ceiling. And yeah, it is kind of a workout when add empty hand into the practice.

If you take the self defense stuff seriously you can watch real life bad guy vs good guy videos and work it out with type of practice.

I'm so glad you brought up SELF defense. Some gun toters think they are the white knight who will save the day, when in fact, the very opposite could happen.

Oh sure, let's say you're in a convenience store and a thug walks in and attempts to rob the place, an armed citizen could thwart a robbery, but at the same time, he could easily become a statistic. Protect yourself and your family, but let the professional anglers catch the big fish. PLEASE, leave your gat holstered and dial 9-1-1.

The best practice is to get a good description of the bandit...clothing, height, weight, hair color, tattoos, piercings, facial hair, voice accent, direction of travel when he left. Was he in a car? Car make, model, color. Any other occupants in the vehicle?

Us cops need that vital information to catch the guy. We also need a vivid detailed statement. We weren't there - YOU were.

Better to be a live witness than a dead hero.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the point of catching them when they're just going to be right back out on the streets doing the exact same thing in days if not hours. Better to just "fix the glitch" and be done with it once and for all.

We're all getting a good taste of the "time out" generation and now we need to get back to the "high noon" generation when actions had consequences. YMMV

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the point of catching them when they're just going to be right back out on the streets doing the exact same thing in days if not hours. Better to just "fix the glitch" and be done with it once and for all.

We're all getting a good taste of the "time out" generation and now we need to get back to the "high noon" generation when actions had consequences. YMMV
Lol as if these types of people haven’t existed since the dawn of man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom