What are your oldest guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pair of Mosins. Still in the cosmoline. lol

My family in general wasn't into firearms.

My grandfather did have one I wanted, it was an old old coach gun made by Husquevarna. Damascus steel barrels. He sold it for $900 to some dude without asking me - I'd have given him that much and let him keep it, just leave it to me in the will!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1873 Winchester chambered in 44 WCF or 44-40. It was my grandfathers.
Made in the mid 1890s is what I remember?
Smoothest trigger of any firearm I've ever felt.
I once got to play with a Colt SAA that was made in the 1890s. Somebody brought it in for a safety check, and man, that thing was smooth as glass. It was in .38 Colt Long, so it was basically a wall-hanger unless you could find some reloading gear, and someone had destroyed the finish while trying to "clean it up" (which was truly sad, as there was some beautiful bluing still intact under the ejector rod shroud), but several of us lusted in our hearts over that old Colt.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once got to play with a Colt SAA that was made in the 1890s. Somebody brought it in for a safety check, and man, that thing was smooth as glass. It was in .38 Colt Long, so it was basically a wall-hanger unless you could find some reloading gear, and someone had destroyed the finish while trying to "clean it up" (which was truly sad, as there was some beautiful bluing still intact under the ejector rod shroud), but several of us lusted in our hearts over that old Colt.

Yeah, my grandpa was given a series II by one of his truck drivers. He, my grandpa, kept it in a leather holster. Which luckily didn’t destroy the finish.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold my Brown Bess, it was the oldest gun I have ever owned. Oldest now My EIC Musket, Fusil and Carbine, and Manton Musket all from the 1840's.

www.fototime.com_1F98D4FDC54194F_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_7B6D0E87E4011EA_standard.jpg

I have shot the EIC Musket and Fusil, and Manton Musket. 130 grain of Fg and a .72 caliber round ball for the load. Haven't got around to shooting the carbine yet.

www.fototime.com_5E6B7BE437C9B8A_standard.jpg

After shooting the musket load in the fusil, I found out it had a reduce load.

I want to take one of these guns out deer hunting one time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom