What Can Be Done To Curb The Wild Hog Population?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My son and i have shot well over 30 since the 1st of the year on our little 1/2 section. They run the creeks from the north and at night go back. We are surrounded on three sides by Tribal land that we CANNOT hunt,so there is safe haven there for them. We have traps set on three locations, worked well the first few weeks, then the smart little bastards just sniffed at them from the outside (game cam). Have corn feeders on timers with game cams that have shown we are not keeping up with them at all. Even have had "pig parties" with 9 or so hunters pushing the land with dogs, like I said, little progress. Freezer is full and Lawton Meat Processing does a great job @ 603 SE F Ave, Lawton, OK 73501 Fort Sill has had choppers shooting at them several times, have heard varying reports as to numbers killed from 50-500 from different folks, not from Fort Sill of course. I have seen a huge increase in numbers over the years and look forward to an answer as to how to rid the land of them.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have said this before and this is not a popular answer to rid a state of hogs but it works. First you must outlaw sport hunting of hogs. Then you must hire aerial hunters to come in and wipe them out.

So long as hunting hogs is legal there are hunters and outfitters that WANT to have hogs around, be it for money or for recreation. A significant number of people never truly want to see all the hogs eradicated. Take sport hunting away and they have no reason to keep them around. Again, not popular, but it works. I would argue it is the ONLY way to rid a state of hogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom