What Can Be Done To Curb The Wild Hog Population?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they ever show up on the SP refuge, everyone with land along the river is screwed, and as little as I’m there, my place would be the perfect “sanctuary”...
I hear ya. I've got a place on the same river two miles from where they trapped those 16, and there was a pig roadkill on I-35 a few miles east.
It's coming.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We had a hog issue where I hunt in Grant that was started by an old woman that lived on a small acreage nearby.
Pot bellied pigs that got out. Farm hands killed all of them before they could spread. It's so flat and void of cover that you would see them in the middle of a quarter or sections and have no way to put the sneak on them.
One of them had a heeler truck dog that would run out, and hang a tooth in the snout of them, letting the hand walk up and kill them with a pistol.
Okie4570 probably know's of the woman I'm talking about. He doesn't hunt far from there.

Yeah she left the front door open in the summer so her chickens could cool off.....once had a llama come walking thru by my stand during rifle season even lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah she left the front door open in the summer so her chickens could cool off.....once had a llama come walking thru by my stand during rifle season even lol.
She had one acre. In that acre, there were cows, lama's, mini-horses, chickens, ducks, pigs and who know's what else.
I was working some ground to put in CRP a couple miles north of her house once and had the horses show up.
She showed up later in her pickup, with a bucket of feed.
I offered to help herd the critters back to her place and she refused my help. In her late 80's in the summer she walked those horses two miles back to her house in the summer shaking that feed bucket to keep their attention, and then walked back to get her pickup.
There was no AC in that house. Tough as nails lady. The house went vacant the next year and the critters are gone. I don't know if she passed or had to move.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they ever show up on the SP refuge, everyone with land along the river is screwed, and as little as I’m there, my place would be the perfect “sanctuary”...

For real. SP gets them and they will be there forever. End of story. That place would be a piggy heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom