What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did an inventory of dies and stuff I needed.

Ordered a .336" bushing for my Forster Bushing Bump Die in .308. Not sure why, but I was missing the .336" from my kit.

Ordered a Forster Bushing Bump Die kit for 6.5 Creedmoor. Just been neck sizing on my brass and its getting stiff in the chamber. I don't want to FL size, so will just bump the shoulders back a couple thousands and work on neck tension.

Ordered an RCBS Matchmaster Competition Seating die for .308 as well. My Hornady has been a champ for the last few years, but after getting the Matchmaster for my .300 PRC, well everything needs replaced now. These are slick!

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my (much younger) cousins was telling me about how great his 30-30 was. Dead on hold, shot a record buck at 600 yards.
Didn't have a pic of the buck, and had to sell the 30-30 that shot flat as a laser.

I just told him what a prodigious shot that was, and moved on to a different subject.
He probably had the Yards mixed up with feet!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just been neck sizing on my brass and its getting stiff in the chamber
I did a LOT of testing of neck sizing only ( bolt gun ).
What I found out is after the 5th time neck sizing the round does not get any harder to chamber.
5 neck sizing reloads and it also quit growing as much.
You may test that and see if your rifle acts the same way.
I went over 40 times neck sizing in fact I think it was i the 50+ range before the brass failed.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a LOT of testing of neck sizing only ( bolt gun ).
What I found out is after the 5th time neck sizing the round does not get any harder to chamber.
5 neck sizing reloads and it also quit growing as much.
You may test that and see if your rifle acts the same way.
I went over 40 times neck sizing in fact I think it was i the 50+ range before the brass failed.
With this 6.5 Creed, I can't see any difference in 100 yard accuracy with just neck sizing v's neck sizing and bumping the shoulders back .002". I got very lucky with this barrel.

I'll give that a try. I think I'm on my 3rd loading with this round of brass (Hornady) and I kinda felt it was a bit stiff on the last 3 rounds fired.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread was the kick in the pants I needed to get some work done in the reloading department. I got a couple hundred rounds of 38SPL loaded up this evening.

1674705885868.png

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread was the kick in the pants I needed to get some work done in the reloading department. I got a couple hundred rounds of 38SPL loaded up this evening.

View attachment 342680
Looking at the gold coated bullets seated in the brass cases, I'm transported back to 1987.

Lynn Hickey is on TV showcasing his all-white Dodge pickups. White on white; white wheels, white badges, white belt mouldings, hell I think they even painted the wiper arms white.
White everywhere, not a piece of chrome in sight. The only black is the tires.

He called it "monochromatic styling".

Latest posts

Top Bottom