What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loaded 150 rounds of 10mm.
Range rounds using blue bullets and WST powder. Haven't been on the reloader in a few weeks.
First couple rounds in the progressive wouldn't seat the primer. WTF?
Single grain of powder kept the primer slide off center a bit but a spray with some canned air used for cleaning keyboards eliminated that issue.
Then it happened again, another dozen rounds or so and it happened again.
So started looking at the rounds I'd put to the side.
Danged military crimps, or somebodies if not military. First time I've ever had to ream the primer pocket of a pistol round.
Major :angry3: issue once again with the small, large primer issues in 10mm. One more step before getting down to business.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't hardly stand to go into my reloading room right now. I've got SU carburetor parts strung out over my benches. I've got about 1000 rds. of 5.56 brass to process and about 1000 rds. of 300 BkOut to trim. No rush on any of it because I have plenty loaded. I waiting for Dillon to get a carbon steel trim die out for the 300 BkOut. They want too much for the carbide trim die.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loaded 150 rounds of 10mm.
Range rounds using blue bullets and WST powder. Haven't been on the reloader in a few weeks.
First couple rounds in the progressive wouldn't seat the primer. WTF?
Single grain of powder kept the primer slide off center a bit but a spray with some canned air used for cleaning keyboards eliminated that issue.
Then it happened again, another dozen rounds or so and it happened again.
So started looking at the rounds I'd put to the side.
Danged military crimps, or somebodies if not military. First time I've ever had to ream the primer pocket of a pistol round.
Major :angry3: issue once again with the small, large primer issues in 10mm. One more step before getting down to business.

I found the crimp on about half of a bag of 100 mixed 10mm brass that my dad sent me...turned out to be S&B headstamp if I remember correctly. It was irritating enough that I just chucked them in a fit of rage before ordering 300 Starline.

Keeping in line with the topic: prepping 25 more 7mm Rem Mag cases today for load development on my brother's rifle. They're clean, so I'm just FL resizing to bump the shoulder .002, trimming, chamfer and deburring, and maybe deburring the flash hole (can do like 5 in a minute, so its not a real waste of time).

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stepped on some more shot that I spilled on my 4th ever handle pull. That part is getting real old
Get that lead magnet out and clean that floor!

I sized and deprimed the small primer 10mm cases today. I’ll probably hand prime them in the house watching TV this evening.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stepped on some more shot that I spilled on my 4th ever handle pull. That part is getting real old

You just detailed my reloading experiences from ages 8-12 in preparation for dove season. All that is missing is dad getting pissed at me, and trying to collect 1,400 #7-1/2 pellets...

Ended up prepping (50) Starline 6.5 Grendel cases instead today.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get that lead magnet out and clean that floor!

I sized and deprimed the small primer 10mm cases today. I’ll probably hand prime them in the house watching TV this evening.
Funny thing u say that. Like a dummy the first thing I did was grab the magnet that I have kept on the loader and start swinging it around like the idiot I am for about 10 seconds before I realized

Latest posts

Top Bottom