What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deprimed and cleaned the primer pockets of the 65 pieces of 7.62x54R fired at the match Saturday. Brushed the necks, then annealed the bunch.
Now to neck-size and prime, then it's ready to load.
DSCF0005.JPG

I set the torch in a rifle rest - tied in, because I learned after the second round of chasing a flaming torch across a dark garage.

Aim the flame at the junction of the neck and shoulder.
In the foreground can be seen my phone, with a metronome app opened. 80 BPM, leave (this) brass in the flame for 7 beats. Just before it starts glowing.
Pull it out of the socket with my (gloved) left hand. Behind the drill is the (empty) container for the brass to be annealed. Grab one with my right hand, stick it in the socket. Rotate the drill into the flame.

Repeat.

It goes very quickly, 10+ per minute.
Really, it takes longer to set everything up than it does to do the actual work.

That being said, an Ugly Annealer - or something like it - is in my near future.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I swear I went into my reloading room at 1:30 and began sorting and annealing .223 cases.

Then brushed the necks of 200 Federal cases and then lubed and Full length sized them and removed the lube with a towel and a Q tip for removing lube in the necks.
1 Q tip will do 10 cases.

I got done and went and washed my hands before I trim and chamfer the cases.
I looked at the clock 5:05 PM!!!
No way, my clock must be broke.

Nope it was not.
Takes such a long time to prep cases for me.
But I like the end results.

Decided to make some cauliflower soup and I had some bird broth and onions and carrots to toss in.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at post 5 if you have not already.

But that is an old post and those may also be discontinued. I have no Idea just a quick google.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/threads/substitution-for-rem-sp12-wad-help.368921/#post-2996817
Thanks! I think I looked at that thread in my search but didn’t see that post. I’m pretty sure the WAA12R wads are discontinued too, but I’m pretty sure I have at least a few hundred in my stash. Over the last couple years, I’ve picked up two “lots” of shotgun reloading components for a little bit of nothing, and I think both had WAA12R wads in them.
Thanks again for pointing that out!!! :thumb:

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why I hate buying a new caliber:

Dies: $300.00
Shell Holder: $10.00
Brass x100: $205.00

I'm over $500 dollars in and I still don't have bullets (Haven't decided what yet), powder or primers.

That's what you get for putting together a rifle in an expensive-ass cartridge 😄.

Latest posts

Top Bottom