What did you see and/or buy at the Big Show this weekend in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So apparently my heart wants a new revolver... I found myself staring at revolvers all day.

I managed to cover probably 80% of the show, but I am sure at that speed I missed a number of things. Some of the things I looked at:

Kriss Vector - found one of these in 9mm, the CRB rifle version. I think it was $1400? Yeah, just checked my note - $1399, guy said they could prolly do $1300 on it. Black Diamond, near the north doors in the center of the upper level.

PS90 - found I think 4 of these. Cheapest was around $1500? Most a good bit higher.

Sig MCX/MPX, saw one table with a bunch of these, including the Rattler, which was $2200 or so.

Tavor - found one of these at the last minute. $2200 with a Holosun holosight, Aimpoint 3x magnifier and a streamlight. While I didn't need all the other stuff on it, this was too much. But I did pick it up and play with it, and I really really liked the feel of this, more than the Kriss. So I think I may end up ordering one at a better price online.

Revolvers - was looking for Super Redhawks, I did find one just like the one I sold years ago. 7 3/8" barrel in .44mag and ready to mount a scope. I like it. It's a great gun. He wanted $675, which I think is a pretty decent price for it, compared to what else I was seeing.

GP100s - these were drastically overpriced pretty much throughout the whole show. I did get a line on one a guy said he has on consignment back in his shop, but most of the ones I saw were way high. Lots in the $700-750 range, a couple at $600.

I did see one Glock 27 for $995 and a Glock 19 33 rd mag (this is actually a G17 mag, isn't it??) for $100. lol The guy with the Glock 27 explained it to me - has a couple of really high end barrels, a trigger that is a couple hundred, some real nice stippling, and he really didn't want to sell it. He said it was really his personal gun, and that was his "I'll sell it for this if someone will pay it," price.

I didn't run into anything that I couldn't do without. I spent $10 to get in and $5 to have my carry knife sharpened. Other than that, I considered a few flashlights and pocketknives for The Boy and The Wife for Christmas, but I can get those online, too.

What did ya'll see and what did you pick up?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Was wanting to go just because. Have nothing that is needing a slot in the safe, but just enjoy looking at all the accessories mostly.
I'm still mad at the deer and they are in or approaching rut, so it's time to be in the woods in the stand.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sold off a few guns i don't shoot much and looked around a bit. Of course the two or three tables i wanted to remember and go back to i forgot to write down so i missed out on a few decent purchases. Really wanted to buy a 10/22 takedown or S&W model 586 with a 6 inch barrel. Just couldn't find anything i thought i needed. I noticed several of the usual vendors weren't there.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Picked up a Marlin 1895GBL 45/70 I've been kind of wanting for a while. Not a pristine example, but still pretty nice, and at $500 I thought it was a go.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
We went just to look at the stuff on tables, but I did take five M1 Garand stocks to sell, and got rid of three of them. My gf picked up a new pair of custom ear plugs from the outfit at the far eastern end on the lower level, and I also got a chunk of American black walnut from the fellow selling wood stock blanks on the upper level. It had some unusual figuring that looked very much like alligator skin, and I plan to resaw it to produce some nice veneers for my woodworking projects. We were agog at the price tags on an array of Winchester 1866’s and 1873’s at the west end on the lower level, with price tags ranging from $3,000 up to $57,000. Some of these rifles were lovely, but those prices, sheesh. Saw some more with similar tags on the upper level, too. And my gf enjoys listening to the little nuggets of information I drop when we see a particular firearm, like the German Sturmgewehr 44 on the lower level. She found it most interesting when I told her it was considered to be the prototype assault rifle. Do I have a great gf, or what? :D

She also reminded me to pick up a Tactical Girls calendar and chatted with the lovely ladies at that booth while my calendar was being signed. And she spent an hour the previous day fixing a barbed wire fence. Yep, she’s a keeper!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
We went back again today and I spent a really long time hemming and hawing over the Sig Rattler and MCXs at the table from a deal in Tulsa on mingo. I decided to hold off, since they are local and I can pick one up at any time if I want to.

The Kriss Vector I tried to take my son to see, but it was gone.

I found the decent condition Super Redhawk again on the lower level for $675 but they were from out of state and would have had to transfer it to another dealer local to transfer it to me, so I decided to pass. It was getting late.

We arrived at 2PM, paid $30 to get in, asked the girl at the desk how long it was going and she said until 5PM. About 1/3 of the vendors were already gone or packing up when we got there and by 3PM half or more were packed up. Several of the vendors told us they were supposed to be packed up by 4PM, so there was apparently some misinformation given out to them or to us.

I got a couple of flashlights that looked interesting, bought The Wife and The Boy each a cheapo flipper knife they wanted. Held off spending much, didn't buy any guns. The Wife whined and complained the whole way there, but she actually did have a good time and enjoyed herself. And she got some ideas from the purse and holster lady about customizing her own purses for carry - she wasn't impressed with the aesthetics of the purses she was charging $60 for.

I just couldn't make myself 'pull the trigger' on anything. <sigh> I guess I'm really just a cheapskate at heart. I do still want a GP100 (or two) and my old Super Redhawk back, though.... maybe someday.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 98.1%
51   1   0
We went just to look at the stuff on tables, but I did take five M1 Garand stocks to sell, and got rid of three of them. My gf picked up a new pair of custom ear plugs from the outfit at the far eastern end on the lower level, and I also got a chunk of American black walnut from the fellow selling wood stock blanks on the upper level. It had some unusual figuring that looked very much like alligator skin, and I plan to resaw it to produce some nice veneers for my woodworking projects. We were agog at the price tags on an array of Winchester 1866’s and 1873’s at the west end on the lower level, with price tags ranging from $3,000 up to $57,000. Some of these rifles were lovely, but those prices, sheesh. Saw some more with similar tags on the upper level, too. And my gf enjoys listening to the little nuggets of information I drop when we see a particular firearm, like the German Sturmgewehr 44 on the lower level. She found it most interesting when I told her it was considered to be the prototype assault rifle. Do I have a great gf, or what? :D

She also reminded me to pick up a Tactical Girls calendar and chatted with the lovely ladies at that booth while my calendar was being signed. And she spent an hour the previous day fixing a barbed wire fence. Yep, she’s a keeper!
Wow! She certainly is!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom