What Diesel Truck Would You Buy For $35k?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What was a worse motor than the 6.0 as far as reliability is concerned that was put in a Gm Dodge Ram or ford truck in the past couple of decades?
a 6.4 by far. I owned one of those also and it gave me and every one that owned one, issued. Mostly Injector pumps failing. I put 2 in mine in 1 year and sold that POS. It put down 550 HP and was a high 10 1/4 mile but it was expensive to rreplace that pump if you had to take it to a dealer as the cab had to be lifted. I could get that cab in the air in 45 min.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Duramax
Check
maybe up to 2003ish I can agree with you they aren't so good. Done arguing though because I cant stand withholding my love for you any longer.

6.4 is 100% no way. 6.0 is 95% no way as of now.

Been looking up cummins swaps and it aint quite as simple as saaaaay doing an LS swap into a foxbody. I was expecting to find more aftermarket support and plug-and-play type options and there really isn't a lot out there.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a 6.4 by far. I owned one of those also and it gave me and every one that owned one, issued. Mostly Injector pumps failing. I put 2 in mine in 1 year and sold that POS. It put down 550 HP and was a high 10 1/4 mile but it was expensive to rreplace that pump if you had to take it to a dealer as the cab had to be lifted. I could get that cab in the air in 45 min.

What kind of torque did you develop, because 550 hp might get a 6500 pound truck in the low 13s and no where near 10 second quarter mile ets.
A factory L5P with 445hp and 910 lb ft of torque will run 14.5 quarter mile ets in a 6500 pound truck.

https://robrobinette.com/et.htm

Last edited:

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of torque did you develop, because 550 hp might get you in the low 13s an no where near 10 second quarter mile ets.
A factory L5P with 445hp and 910 lb ft of torque will run 14.5 quarter mile ets in a 6500 pound truck.

https://robrobinette.com/et.htm
Agreed. Time slip or it didn’t happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom