What Diesel Truck Would You Buy For $35k?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is wrong with you people...
www.dutchforce.com__eforum_html_emoticons_huh.gif

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Half ton truck with a tow limit less than total weight of the skid steer and trailer!! Wont handle it with out putting others on the road in danger!! Brakes will be over taxed as will the suspension! If you want to put someone else's life in danger "once in a while" that is on you!!
Dont think the skid steer weighs more than 14k lbs?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The f-150 ecoboost is rated to tow 14k lbs. I bet any of you dog schit to a donut that a skid steer n trailer do not surpass 10k lbs.
And you hold the stakes in yer mouth.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The f-150 ecoboost is rated to tow 14k lbs. I bet any of you dog schit to a donut that a skid steer n trailer do not surpass 10k lbs.
Well, since you said "any of us", my bobcat has an operating weight of 9317 lbs and my flat deck weighs 7600 lbs. How are we getting along? Lol
Plus, my bolt on tracks and attachments.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, since you said "any of us", my bobcat has an operating weight of 9317 lbs and my flat deck weighs 7600 lbs. How are we getting along? Lol
Plus, my bolt on tracks and attachments.
Dang, you win the dog schit n donut. Zachary boys little toy dont weigh that though. And we were really talking about Zachs junk, not yours. Just because you have 3 times the trailer needed to haul that dont make a case but no, you clearly dont want an F-150 for that load..

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Actually, the 4x2 extended cab has the highest tow rating of 13,200. Ford got there by losing the weight of the truck by using aluminum, which, from what I’ve seen burns up really nicely into a pile of undesirable ash. So if you get a 4x4, which is a must for most people and a crew cab, you loose 1500-2000 lbs of towing capacity.

I would never tow something like a skid steer with a half ton truck. You are looking at half the torque of a diesel and the biggest concern is the semi-floating rear axle. Do you know what happens when you break a half ton axle shaft? You crash and die because the wheel will come detached from the vehicle and wave goodbye as it passes you on the highway towing your 14,000 lbs trailer as it piles up on your truck! If the axle shaft breaks on a full floating rear axle, like in the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, you can calmly pull your 14,000 trailer to the side of the road and stop with all wheels and tires still connected to their axle hub.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, you win the dog schit n donut. Zachary boys little toy dont weigh that though. And we were really talking about Zachs junk, not yours. Just because you have 3 times the trailer needed to haul that dont make a case but no, you clearly dont want an F-150 for that load..
Then keep your bets directed at the op. Lol
And It's not 3x the trailer needed. It's got dual tandems rated at 10k each. I know about 20% goes on the truck. I'm gonna try to do you a favor and leave this thread so I don't ruin your f150 sales pitch anymore.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, the 4x2 extended cab has the highest tow rating of 13,200. Ford got there by losing the weight of the truck by using aluminum, which, from what I’ve seen burns up really nicely into a pile of undesirable ash. So if you get a 4x4, which is a must for most people and a crew cab, you loose 1500-2000 lbs of towing capacity.

I would never tow something like a skid steer with a half ton truck. You are looking at half the torque of a diesel and the biggest concern is the semi-floating rear axle. Do you know what happens when you break a half ton axle shaft? You crash and die because the wheel will come detached from the vehicle and wave goodbye as it passes you on the highway towing your 14,000 lbs trailer as it piles up on your truck! If the axle shaft breaks on a full floating rear axle, like in the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, you can calmly pull your 14,000 trailer to the side of the road and stop with all wheels and tires still connected to their axle hub.
We are talking about the typical skid steer that weighs 7k-8k lbs. Zacharys is a toy, hell he dont even work.
A 2k lb. trailer and your well below the factory tow rating. And to say all that other shiznit crap, is just BS.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

I've seen both that were stolen, ditched and burned. Neither the newer aluminum body or the older steel bodies are usable again :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom