What do ya'll think of the XD Mod.2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up an XD9 Mod.2 a while back (at FBT!) and really love it. I've been looking in the Classifieds for more on occasion, but never see one pop up.

I see they make the 4" and 3" in .40 S&W and the .45 ACP in 3.3". I tend to lean toward these calibers as much as the 9mm, but just found it odd - you see almost everything in the Classifieds here eventually, but never the Mod.2. At least not that I've seen.

Are they not that popular, haven't sold all that many (dealers chime in here?) or do people universally love them and would never consider selling them? I'm just curious, not in the market today, but I found it a massive improvement on the original, which was already a pretty nice gun - I've got the original in .45 ACP, too, but even though I'm not a huge 9mm guy, I really love the fit and feel of the Mod.2.

Was just wondering what everyone else thought of these?

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have not really looked at them much. But one of the resources I like to use to compare is Genitron.

Mod 2 in 9mm 4 in barrel http://www.genitron.com/Handgun/Springfield-Armory/Pistol/XD-Mod-2/9-mm/Variant-3

XD 9mm 4 in barrel http://www.genitron.com/Handgun/Springfield-Armory/Pistol/XD-Service-Model/9-mm/Variant-1

Looks like the Mod 2 has about .5ft-lb less recoil

And to throw in the XDM 9mm 3.8 in barrel http://www.genitron.com/Handgun/Springfield-Armory/Pistol/XDM/9-mm/Variant-5

You reduce the recoil by .05 ft-lb and increase the capacity from 17 to 20

The XDM and Mod2 are both the same weight at 27.5 while the original XD is 25 oz. The XDM has the highest MSRP at 624 followed by the Mod2 at 565 and the original XD at 508

Looking at the numbers I would probably hit the XDM. Grip wise the Mod2 looks nice but maybe slightly less grippy than the XDM so it coudl be a toss up there.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love 'em. I had two XD9's ... a full size and a sub-compact. I bought a Mod 2 sub-compact in .45 ACP and sold the full size 9.

SoonerShots

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought mine a year ago, I have the subcompact 9mm. I both carry it on a daily basis, and it's my IDPA weapon. I've competed with it now in about 10 matches. Never failed a single time. I believe you're not seeing them in the secondary market because those of us who own the Mod 2, Love them, I know I'll never sell mine. I might buy the service size though.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've looked at them and I'm sure they're great guns but I just can't get past the GRIP ZONE banner on the side of the grip. Great to have the grip but labeling it just seems like something that would be on a razor commercial or tennis shoe.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Springfield XD 9 Sub-compact Mod 2 and I love it.

It is my house gun. I like the 13 round flush capacity and 16 extended, accuracy, ease of cleaning and maintaining, grip safety, reliability, grip and feel of the gun (Grip Zone logo doesn't bother me) and life time warranty.

I sold my Glock 26 and kept this one. I have owned, and fired often, a Springfield 9mm XD-S, Service Model, and pre-Mod 2 version of the Sub-compact. Not one time did I have a failure to fire, failure to feed, or case ejection anywhere but to the right side of the gun (no brass to face) just as they should.

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 2 MOD.2 sub 9mms I bought when they first came out that I alternate with a 13 yr old XD 9 sub and a G19. I didn't like the XDM or XDS models tho.

on the road...tapatalkn

Latest posts

Top Bottom