What do you do in your Tree Stand??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have friends from India also.. Some have been here since the mid 70's at least the father.
Funny how they get their names..One is named George Phillip the brother is Phillip George.

OK odd I asked why.
They said they get their name the first day of school..if your adult person that takes you to school is named phillip then that becomes your last name... they ask what do you call this child..we call him George.. what is your name?

I asked them what was odd to them when they came to America.. one said Chocolate was odd.. smells like dung and everyone eats it.
Said he could not stand the stuff but likes it now.
Another said all white people look the same.
HAHA!! ..then I got to looking at old white dudes with beards... yep all the grey beards look the same.

Nice people for sure and very good cooks.
The ones i know have a second cooking stove outside or in the garage ..they do not want to stink up the house with some of their cooking..Pretty keen idea really.
These guys are from India, but live in Mexico in the same city I live in. They are studying their doctorates in chemistry there, so they know nothing of the garage kitchen, but I've heard a lot of Indians do that here.

They did not like hunting. They still want to see a deer, but will come out if I shoot one. They didn't like the sitting, but it was freaking cold. My buddy and I gave up at 9:00, the Indians wanted to give up long before that, mostly because they didn't have adequate clothing, specifically in the foot area.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How cold was it??
Yea sandals.
I usually see deer about 10:30 to around 11:30 am and they are playful around then. Jumping and running with their friends.
Must bee really cold for you to call it in.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
23* right now, NE wind about 15mph. Daughter has the xbow and I've got rifle. There's about 100 birds at the corn pile right now eating away, pretry good entertainment.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How cold was it??
Yea sandals.
I usually see deer about 10:30 to around 11:30 am and they are playful around then. Jumping and running with their friends.
Must bee really cold for you to call it in.
It was wind more than anything. And weird too. Much colder weather and I've been fine. But all 4 of us were done today. I was going to go for a later morning hunt tomorrow because the camera is showing deer coming around that time, but real feel of 0 degrees with 15 mph wind at 8:00 am. No thanks.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom