What do you keep in your car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to update the box I keep in my car.
What I have currently:
Food (granola bars)
A pocket knife, a screw driver with multiple tips, crow bar, pliers, adjustable wrench, tow strap & a couple bungee cords
Small first aid kit (bandaids, chapstick, aspirin, aleve, non-sterile gloves)
Warm gloves, wool caps, extra socks, coat, boots, older pair of good sneakers.
A large plastic water bottle for the dog or car
Umbrella, blanket, moby wrap for carrying the kiddo (he's getting a little big for it, but would work in a pinch)
ice scraper, small shovel
cell phone charger
diaper wipes & extra diapers

Things I am going to add:
More food: instant oatmeal, gum, mixed nuts packages & beef jerky
couple servings of dog food
bic lighter, duct tape
road flares

I need to figure out a way to keep water in the car, but I'd rather not use plastic water bottles since I'm leaving this in the car. Suggestions on good containers to use?

Anything else you can think of that I should/shouldn't keep in the car?

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of a box are you using to keep your stuff in? Are you keeping it in the trunk, under a seat, just in the floorboard?

I have several 1 gallon jugs of water I keep in my SUV and truck. I have 2 gal in each. I use the Ozarka 1 gal containers since they have a screw on cap. I dump and replace the water every few months since I'm pretty sure they aren't BPA free.

If you do decide to use plastic, I'd at least go with a BPA free. I want to use a different container personally, but have never really gotten around to actually looking yet.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like your list, things that I didn't see on there that I've been glad to have in the past: Electrical tape & jumper cables.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To answer your question, the stuff is in different areas of the car. The first aid kit is in the glove box, the tools & winter clothes are in a duffel bag in the back cargo area, etc.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get ya a good flashlight. I keep a streamlight that has a charging station, for the light and spare battery, that has a cigarette adapter charge cord.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im also on the lookout for a good acdc converter so i can charge the batteries on my electric 1/2 inch impact. Great for changing a tire quick fast n in a hurry. Also wouldnt mind bein able to charge a laptop on long or overnite trips

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom