What do you think about the SA Hellcat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with my gf into Atwood’s in Vinita to pick up some alfalfa cubes, and we swung past the firearms counter on our way out. They had a standard Hellcat (not the optics ready model) in the display counter for, I think, $495. First one I’d seen, so I asked to handle it. Felt pretty good in the hand, BUT! The 13-round mag was a bit loose in the mag well, so when I gripped the pistol, I could feel my pinky shifting the mag around. I wasn’t too impressed with that, but if it had been the OR model, I would seriously have considered buying it on the spot.

Anyone here who has a Hellcat? Does the mag shift around a bit? What’s your overall impression?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I handled one and thought the same thing. Later, I thought that if the mag was full, it may not shift as bad?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Rented one, trigger is pretty good but its a crap ton snappier than a 9mm Shield with the same box of ammo shot through it.

Shoots the same as a P365, or a G43/x

I got the G43x cuz it was far cheaper with the BL price ($358). With 3x Shield Arms 15rd magazines ($120) it was still cheaper than the Hellcat.

I did not notice any magazine play.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched a review comparing the Hellcat and P365 and found it funny.
Basically the reviewer said the P365 and Hellcat were nearly identical in every way (size, trigger, quality, materials, etc) except the Hellcat got an extra round in the same size package and came with a tritium front night sight...but he still picks Sig "just because".

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Watched a review comparing the Hellcat and P365 and found it funny.
Basically the reviewer said the P365 and Hellcat were nearly identical in every way (size, trigger, quality, materials, etc) except the Hellcat got an extra round in the same size package and came with a tritium front night sight...but he still picks Sig "just because".
I don't blame him.

(And I'm not a big Sig fan.)

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Hellcat and I like it for what it is. It is a snappy little gun to shoot like all sub-compacts, but it's hard to beat for capacity and reliability. I didn't care for the trigger that much so I installed the Apex trigger kit, that brought it down to 5lbs and much smoother. It is my current carry gun and I am fine with it. It has as many rounds in it as a Browning Hi-Power I had 40 years ago but much easier to conceal. It is very comparable to the Sig P365, but I chose it instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom