what does this mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I both worked up there for a few years. We had originally thought about moving up there rather than commuting. After talking to coworkers at both of our jobs, it became obvious that the trend was to either live 30min outside Tulsa for the schools or pay for private school. We commuted for 3 years until we found jobs back in OKC.

I know a lot of people that love living in Tulsa and would never consider leaving. I really enjoy going up there for a weekend of activities here and there. I really dont think I could be happy living up there. The pace just feels a lot slower and they are far more "woke" than most areas around OKC.

Also, I read that to mean they actually did some forward planning and budgeting of the funds received in 2015 so they had an emergency reserve to handle unknowns like distance learning for several months at a time. I wish the state of Oklahoma shared that skill.

That’s alright. A good many Tulsan area people would never consider living in OKC (aka Dallas North).

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to find the story. I had read that studies on the strains of coronovirus were started in the 70's.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm joking. I went to school in Tulsa back when there were still decent schools, but the tide was turning fast by the time I graduated. When my wife and I were house shopping we intentionally bought a house in an independent school district, not in Tulsa. We've spent a fortune commuting for the last 25 years, but it's worth it.

Sorry, sometimes sarcasm is difficult to identify in a post.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s alright. A good many Tulsan area people would never consider living in OKC (aka Dallas North).

Hahaha and that’s perfectly ok. Didn’t mean to trash talk, it just wasn’t a good fit.

Outside of endless construction, living in Dallas didn’t bother me too much either so I guess that comparison seems accurate to my experience.

I would argue that Dallas has the appearance of money but based on when I worked with repo guys down there it was just a facade covering up a higher tolerance for debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read that to say that they had funds from the 2015 Bond, and used them to address the pandemic issues, not that they knew about it in 2015.

Tulsa versus OKC? I've only lived in Tulsa so I can't say anything about living in OKC, I do spend a lot of time in OKC, it isn't someplace I would want to live just based on spending a lot of time there. Same for Dallas, I've spent a lot of time there too, have no desire to live there.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing I did find interesting while I was working up there is that the weathermen only cover Green Country up there. Our weather coverage in OKC is for the entire state.

The terrain and trees in Tulsa are FAR nicer than here in OKC though. I would definitely consider living in that part of the state but outside of any large metros when I retire.

The on ramps merging into the fast lane may have been the deal breaker for me, I don't know. Hahaha.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, sometimes sarcasm is difficult to identify in a post.

Yeppers...

...one needs to have a bit more knowledge of Ted Kennedy to catch it. He does a LOT of sarcasm in his posts. I almost hate to say it, but his actions on some forums is "somewhat reminiscent" of a "former" OSA participant.

(And yes, he know of whom I am speaking.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom