What does your reloading room/area look like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the 550’s was a pawn shop score. Unfortunately a couple of pieces were missing including the powder hopper. I use the same powder for both calibers, so a metering adjustment is all that’s required.
I THINK I’ve got a spare used hopper in my drawer of spare things. Of course I’m sure if you were that worried about it you would’ve done ordered one.

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I THINK I’ve got a spare used hopper in my drawer of spare things. Of course I’m sure if you were that worried about it you would’ve done ordered one.
8E2ABCD3-C369-4B8A-887B-B5A519540149.jpeg

Cowcatcher thanks for the motivation!
I guess you can say in 2020 that quarantine might be the inspiration for innovation. I made a hopper out of a water bottle. Cut a hole in the bottom to insert a wine bottle cork. Also the fail safe rod was missing when I bought the 550. I managed to fashion one from a wire divider out of a file cabinet. The grommet and spring were scrounged out of my garage. I now have two fully functioning 550’s

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 159070
Cowcatcher thanks for the motivation!
I guess you can say in 2020 that quarantine might be the inspiration for innovation. I made a hopper out of a water bottle. Cut a hole in the bottom to insert a wine bottle cork. Also the fail safe rod was missing when I bought the 550. I managed to fashion one from a wire divider out of a file cabinet. The grommet and spring were scrounged out of my garage. I now have two fully functioning 550’s
Good ol by God American ingenuity on display right there! If you would have used duct tape instead of the electrical tape to seal the hopper I would have given you the full redneck engineering award, but you were close....

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, y'all are embarrassing me. After 30+ years of reloading, you would think I'd have a full room setup, with all the bells and whistles.

You'd be wrong
P1010237.JPG

This is all the room I have.

29" wide, stuck in betwixt 2 shelving units in my office (which isn't large to begin with). I'm thankful I have that; for many years I clamped the equipment to the kitchen table.

Still, I manage to make it work. I'm not concerned about getting powder mixed up, there isn't room for more than 1 at a time on the bench. The only reason I leave it there is to reinforce what it is I'm working on.

Here I'm loading up some .223, which is a new venture for me. The 25+ year-old Lee Perfect Powder Measure is remarkably accurate throwing the 4895 loads. Throw, weigh, trickle if necessary.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, y'all are embarrassing me. After 30+ years of reloading, you would think I'd have a full room setup, with all the bells and whistles.

You'd be wrong
View attachment 159338

This is all the room I have.

29" wide, stuck in betwixt 2 shelving units in my office (which isn't large to begin with). I'm thankful I have that; for many years I clamped the equipment to the kitchen table.

Still, I manage to make it work. I'm not concerned about getting powder mixed up, there isn't room for more than 1 at a time on the bench. The only reason I leave it there is to reinforce what it is I'm working on.

Here I'm loading up some .223, which is a new venture for me. The 25+ year-old Lee Perfect Powder Measure is remarkably accurate throwing the 4895 loads. Throw, weigh, trickle if necessary.

Everything ya need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom