What firearms are on your want list for 2023?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve thought about the OPS model. The Match model has everything but the rail, and I’m ok with losing the rail on a hi power clone.

I get it purist thing for sure. But as low as it sits in your hand and as good as it shoots, it may make it to the HD category for me.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve thought about the OPS model. The Match model has everything but the rail, and I’m ok with losing the rail on a hi power clone.
It’s confusing as stores label things match that have the ops part number. I don’t really want a rail either.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 3 that I want right now:
Howa 1500 in the American flag chassis in 6.5 Creedmoor
A 1911, not exactly sure which brand but I kind of want one in 10mm. I had one in 10mm until last year and I've been wanting one again
Ruger 22/45 Lite like I had to sell during THA RONA shutdowns to keep the bills paid.

More importantly, I want a place to shoot regularly. I sooooooo want to move to the country. I wish I could pick up my house and put it on 20 acres away from town.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I get it purist thing for sure. But as low as it sits in your hand and as good as it shoots, it may make it to the HD category for me.
Not really a purist. More that part of what I like about the Hi Power is the sleek lines and the rail interferes with that. It will more likely depend on what I find in stock at a good price when I have the cash ready.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really a purist. More that part of what I like about the Hi Power is the sleek lines and the rail interferes with that. It will more likely depend on what I find in stock at a good price when I have the cash ready.

Sooner guns had the non-rail for $599 about a week or two ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom