What gives with the price and availability of 22LR ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe it isn't just 22LR, but since I load most of my centerfire I don't notice it as badly. Are the days of a <$20 brick of 22LR long gone forever? I'll be honest and say it doesn't really make me want to take out my 22's much... I reckon I'm just complaining, I usually check Walmart everytime I go for 22 and they haven't had any sitting on the shelf for probably the last 9 months of my checking.

Thanks,

Alan

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe it isn't just 22LR, but since I load most of my centerfire I don't notice it as badly. Are the days of a <$20 brick of 22LR long gone forever? I'll be honest and say it doesn't really make me want to take out my 22's much... I reckon I'm just complaining, I usually check Walmart everytime I go for 22 and they haven't had any sitting on the shelf for probably the last 9 months of my checking.

Thanks,

Alan

Good luck on the Walmart inventory. The ammo-can.com link doesn't work either. I have made two trip to the 71st and kenosha store based on the link saying they had tons of 22 ammo in stock only to find empty shelves. The lady behind the gun counter said they get calls all the time from people saying they seen it on an app. Cabelas still sells the 525 Remmys for around 22.99.

Next time you are in the BA walmart walk over to the shelves and look at the sticker prices. I think .05 to .06 will be the new norm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom