What gives with the price and availability of 22LR ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't say squat about a military discount though.
The Academy I was at in midtown Tulsa last week had a sign by the customer service register all about the Military discount.

In a totally unrelated topic, I noticed that all the Academy handicapped signs I've ever seen have the Arizona State Regulation number on the bottom. I guess they made one batch purchase of the signs for every store in the country.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CCi website has lots of different stuff this morning, more than usual. Bricks of blazer and standard velocity, mini mags stingers and a few others.

bambihunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CCi website has lots of different stuff this morning, more than usual. Bricks of blazer and standard velocity, mini mags stingers and a few others.
It was out by ~8:30 when I looked. I've probably got enough .22lr to last through unless JoeDaddy goes crazy and people panic buy even more which results in yet an even longer ammo "shortage". COVID certainly cut into the worlds' production, but things are starting to bounce back.
I get buying what you need. I get buying a little more than you need. However, now the shortage of ammo is exacerbated by "ammo whore-ders". This is partially caused by those particular people that go to the store(s) every day and gets as much as they are allowed to buy. Then, they go to gun shows and sells it for artificially inflated price. I'll go without before I monetarily reward that behavior.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the younger generations.

I remember back in "the olden days", after graduation of high school, and getting my first 22, it was nothing to burn up about a brick a month.

There was never any shortage, the stores always seemed to have plenty, and regular price was around $9.95 a brick

Latest posts

Top Bottom