What gives with the price and availability of 22LR ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't we go through this a couple of years back....22lr was in short demand for around 6 months and prices went through the roof....I agree with Oklahomabassin......DEJA VU

6 months? It was years before supply caught up to demand. We eventually had a surplus and prices plummeted. I remember the 2017 black Friday sale at PSA on cci minimag. 5 packs of 100rnd boxes for $11, free shipping over $99... I took Hoddy's advice and bought thousands. It'll recover, just have to not give in to the neckbeard black market driving prices up.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's nice to be able to share....I bet your friends grandsons are very happy that you share...!!!
After the last .22 mess I stocked up pretty good on most of the rounds I shoot. The fella at work has looked for 2 months and couldn't find any and his grandsons have new Crickets they couldn't shoot.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember one around 2013-2014, I believe. I started driving to every conference and hitting every WalMart along the highway and every small town gun shop I could find. Ended up finding a couple of 525 packs for my boss at the time on the entire drive from OKC to San Antonio and back. I even took a different return route. He was excited enough I didnt have to use a day of PTO for the extra time to drive instead of fly, hahaha.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last June or so I looked and realized that I only had about 2700 rounds of 22lr, zero 17HMR, and zero 17HM2. Since then I've keep an eye out and stopped around at places that I can get fair deals for it. Since June of last year I've gotten a hold of an additional 13,000+ rounds of 22lr, 3000rds of 17HM2, and 2000rds of 17HMR. If you play your cards right you can still get a small stockpile going, I think I have averaged .065 cents per round for the last 5000 rounds of 22lr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom