what happened to the rut report thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was by far the most usefull thread here! lol

anyways I know its in full hard chase in NE ok right now. How is it looking out towards woodward? any of my western OK guys have any info for me?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It was just mixed in with the other deep pic thread this year, I don't think we started a rut thread this year. NW OK it's been going on for a week or more, bucks actually out standing over bedded does last week and this last weekend. Bigger bucks seems to be traveling midday more and any cams over feeder are nearly all just coon pics for me.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seems like they may be looking for food by the time rifle rolls around then perhaps? last two years I saw quite a bit of rut activity during rifle which was surprising. Looks like we may be back to the normal routine again.

thanks

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
seems like they may be looking for food by the time rifle rolls around then perhaps? last two years I saw quite a bit of rut activity during rifle which was surprising. Looks like we may be back to the normal routine again.

thanks

Not sure about food yet but they'll be looking and up on their feet, there's just too many does in this corner of the state. Nice weather next week for rifle and bucks on the prowl still, there's going to be a ton of bucks killed.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice weather next week for rifle and bucks on the prowl still, there's going to be a ton of bucks killed.

I was looking at the weather earlier and thought the same thing.

I’m in the southeast part of the state but have seen several younger bucks chasing lately.
There’s a few doe that raise and keep their little ones around my parents house all year. I normally call them to see when they’re being chased around the yard. In the last couple of days my dad said he’s seen two mature bucks hanging around and they’re seeing the yearlings alone. It’s on!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of chasing at my place near crescent last night. I wasn’t there but a couple of the guys said bucks had their heads down and just about at a trot when they came through. Couldn’t get them to stop by making noise at them.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Young bucks have done the majority of the chasing so far though the one I killed I'd seen chase a doe twice in a week. His tarsals smelled, but they weren't really dark, either.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your doe numbers are high, you won't see as much chasing from mature bucks. .

I went out Sunday with intention of taking a doe to help out next week. It turned into a "No Doe Sunday," which is odd for my Noble Cnty spot. Gonna try again in a couple days. South winds +15 mph won't help ... or maybe they won't hurt. It's a funny time of year.

I hit a jackpot last night! A friend came up rom Midland. He dropped off a cooler FULL of elk, Oryx, Muley and ____! He took them a few weeks ago on one of those BIG ranches in the Hill Country. I'll tell ya what a good friend (and trustworthy) he is: he left a second cooler full of wine and beer for us to consume next week, so I don't think there will be any hunting Wednesday morning!

Me asking Magic Eight Ball: What is for lunch on Thanksgiving?
Magic Eight Ball answer: It ain't gonna be turkey.​

IMG_1027[1].JPG.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom