what happened to the rut report thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Western Noble County (due West of Perry).
Wednesday: 4:00 -> 5:30 Windy as heck, but I was in a low area protected by tress. Saw 3 young bucks ( 1 2.5 (7 ptr w/ G3 broken off) y.o. & 2 younger) + 1 doe. Bucks were wandering around with no real apparent mission. No seeking or chasing. The doe drew no attention from these younger bucks.

2 bigger bucks (both 8 ptr) on camera at feeder at 7:30 am and again 4:30. Also, a younger 2.5 y.o. with double main beam midday. Wrong wind at this point of ambush & attack. Will try this place again Saturday with the North wind.

Good luck this weekend. Be safe :)

:osu

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sitting glassing a mile long draw with green wheat the entire length, and a quarter of cut milo across the road with a creek and timber that runs down the middle. I can see 11 bucks and 17 does all acting like it's January. Zero interest in each other. None of the bucks are shooters though.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Switched up glassing locations about 5pm where I could see the other side of the creek in the milo, and low and behold stood every shooter buck I've got, plus a bigger one I've never seen before. All were eating by themselves about 100y apart from each other. Several does feeding about 200y to the north of them, everything seemed to be in eat mode tonight.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a new farmer to lease the farms.
Still no wheat planted, he just burned off the stubble this week from last year.
His dad used to have everything planted by mid September or early October at the latest.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Western Noble County (due West of Perry).
Wednesday: 4:00 -> 5:30 Windy as heck, but I was in a low area protected by tress. Saw 3 young bucks ( 1 2.5 (7 ptr w/ G3 broken off) y.o. & 2 younger) + 1 doe.

A guy who went hunting with me on 11/23/2020 and he took the 2.5 y.o. 7 ptr. He, the deer, chased a doe by the wrong dude holding the brand new Savage .308. He took his son and daughter and they were excited their Dad took one down. Weather was cold, damp and windy.

I went to Lincoln County (East of Prague, near Paden) this last Saturday. Perfect people weather. Lots of ducks on a nearby pond and 3 flocks of geese over flew me. There was nothing going on out there deer wise. My friend had not spotted any deer for two days. I only heard one shot at dusk on Saturday and that had to be @ 1 mile away.

Will get back out to Noble Cnty with the crossbow soon. Unfortunately, the camera died last week, so I don't what action has or has not been going on. Probably, nothing less than Booners cruising the property.

Take care and stay safe ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom