What hunting gun will you never part with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My first real hunting purchase was a Ruger 77 all weather with the boat paddle stock in about 1991. I’ve already given it to my son. It will be my grandson’s someday.
The other one is a 1917 Enfield that my dad built. He finished it about the time I was born. It is an absolutely beautiful gun that I’ve only taken out a couple times.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my dad turned 16, my grandpa gave him a Belgium Auto 5. Growing up, that's what I shot....and when I turned 16, it officially became mine.

Is not going ANYWHERE.
It's got honest wear but it's killed lots of birds and clays by both my dad and I.
It's still my go-to bird and clay gun, and it's the gun I'm most particular about.

View attachment 349291
You used to deal a lot of black powder rifles.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Remington 700 cdl, .270win, left hand. Bought from the factory thru the Navy exchange when stationed in Argentcia, newfoundland, mid 70's. Have taken 46 whitetail in VA and ND with it. Converted it from hinged floor plate to magazine fed.
1676574575310215439186464570835.jpg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have multiples, but top of the list is my early ‘50s Winchester 94. It was my grandma’s who gave it to my mom who gave it to me when I was about 12 or 13. I hunted with that thing so much that in addition to deer, I could shoot squirrels in the head with it and consistently make 200 yard coyote kills. I could hit them sitting, standing, on the run…you name it. Not saying I could do that now with iron sights, but back then, I was deadly with that rifle. You know the old adage, “Beware the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it.” Well, that was me with that rifle.

Back then, I only had that rifle, my grandpa’s Sears Roebuck single shot 22 and my 20 ga Ranger pump shotgun my dad gave me for my 14th Christmas. Those 3 will be with me til I die or pass them along to a grandchild.

Jlingle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have quite a few guns that I really like, but only one that will be with me until I die. It’s a Ruger M77 30-06 that kicks like a rented mule, and I despise the trigger. I loaned it to a buddy who put a terrible gouge-scratch in he stock. There are a half dozen rifles in the safe that i reach for before i hunt with this one.

But….. the love of my life bought it for me the first year we were married. She lets me buy any gun I want and those guns occasionally come and go from the safe, but every now and again she wants to know if I still have that gun she bought me. The answer will always be yes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom