What hunting gun will you never part with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is easy - my grandfather's Remington Wingmaster 870 in 12g. I've shot more ducks than I can remember with that gun. A side note, that gun was left on the bank at Ft. Cobb back in the mid 2000s during a duck hunt - I blamed my wife for not loading it up - ha ha. I posted an ad with a reward in the Daily Oklahoman newspaper and got the gun back. That gun is now a safe queen.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never really been much of a hunter, but I have a Remington 700 BDL in .308 that I bought when my friend's family owned Sapulpa Sporting Goods back in the '70s and '80s. It was one of the last guns I bought from them before they sold it, so while I haven't shot it in ages, and will probably never hunt with it again, I don't have any plans to get rid of it. I'm probably about to take the scope off and put a better one on it, so it might be shot for sight-in, but otherwise it's pretty much retired.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is easy - my grandfather's Remington Wingmaster 870 in 12g. I've shot more ducks than I can remember with that gun. A side note, that gun was left on the bank at Ft. Cobb back in the mid 2000s during a duck hunt - I blamed my wife for not loading it up - ha ha. I posted an ad with a reward in the Daily Oklahoman newspaper and got the gun back. That gun is now a safe queen.

What a great gun and story. And good job for the person that returned it.

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My rifles: most likely to keep would be my be my BSA Small Martini, in .222 Rem.; '96 Mauser, in 6mm Rem; 2 all day prairie dog killers!!! My Marlin 336SC in .35 Rem. Bought the .35 from a friend at work, back in the '70s.
the Winchester 69A, .22 my dad bought me when I was in the 5th grd. The Winchester M97 12 ga take down, 30", form another friend in the '70s. Hand guns; the J. P. Sauer & Sohn, .32ACP my Dad brought back form Europe, WWII.
Well...I guess I'll just keep the all!

Latest posts

Top Bottom