What I learned about guns today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned this from a coworker today (retired Navy, in his late 30s/early 40s)....

You can buy long guns in OK as an out of state resident (Georgia) as long as its not a complete AR. You CAN buy an AR as long as it doesnt have a trigger guard.

His brother, who is a felon, has legally bought guns from Academy/Bass Pro.

He doesnt believe in gun control, BUT, you shouldnt be able to walk out of the store with a gun without a waiting period of at least 3 days.

He has a .45 Magnum revolver.

He was taught in the Navy to shoot his Beretta 9mm with his middle finger. Pointer finger for shooting Glocks...middle finger for Berettas.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last I heard, a stripped AR receiver was considered a firearm and could not be possessed by a convicted felon. It’s a federal felony and a felony in Oklahoma. AND an out of state resident purchasing a firearm is required by federal law to have the firearm transferred FFL to FFL across state lines. Can not purchase in Oklahoma and just take it with you.

Did something change?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last I heard, a stripped AR receiver was considered a firearm and could not be possessed by a convicted felon. It’s a federal felony and a felony in Oklahoma. AND an out of state resident purchasing a firearm is required by federal law to have the firearm transferred FFL to FFL across state lines. Can not purchase in Oklahoma and just take it with you.

Did something change?

You read too far into it. He's not talking lowers. I dont think Bass Pro and Academy sell lowers. He's talking complete (minus the illegal trigger guard) ARs.
And his brother fills out the 4473 and passes. I'm sure he answers the question about being a convicted felon accurately, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom