What idioms of speech annoy you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you ever noticed that there is a southern/regional way of using the word "it" at the end of a sentence that sounds perfectly fine in normal conversation but has a very weird way of being used? I always notice it when I hear it, but I am a 2nd gen immigrant so I can't say it in my own words.

Example: "He was gonna take his truck back to it" (as if talking about some place)

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many things that people say and do that crawl under my skin, but 3 words in particular. First, is when people say “Exspecially”, instead of “Especially”, second, is “Nucular” meaning “nuclear”, third (and the absolute WORST on my nerves because it’s not even a word!), is “Irregardless”, “I’m not going to do that, irregardless of whether you get mad or not!” The first 2 just make me laugh at their ignorance, lack of care, or they’re just simply Rednecks, the third makes me want to punch them in the nose! LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom