What idioms of speech annoy you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandma went with the vacay to High-why-ya............. :cool: When I tried to correct her she told me in colorful language just where I could shove it LOL. Grandma was a hoot and had zero filter!!

I had a grandma that was a total hoot. Lots of great stories. Embarrassing at the time but in reflection great stories.
Words that bother me are those saying they are “prolly” going to “sale” you this whatever.
Prolly is not a freeking word and shows ones ignorance of the English language. Sale in this context is again not proper English.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mondee, tuesdee… it’s day not dee. Disconcerting not disconcerning. My absolute favorite are people saying they were electrocuted instead of shocked. If you weren’t killed from an electrical shock, you weren’t electrocuted.

You must hang out on fakebook to hear that much stupidity.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I talk AT my teenager all the time... I don't think it's heard or acknowledged in any way...

At their age your talking to a brick wall.
Every parent goes through that stage. 12-15 year old friends know everything.
When they hit 30 or so, they become close friends with a family attachment.
That’s when family resumes.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty irritated with the whole destruction of the English language.

Idiots try to justify the dumbing-down of our vocabulary, make excuses for spelling changes, and credit low-IQ cultures with the current trends of speech.

Pick up a book from 1940, listen to people speak from a film in 1960 - it's plain that our current citizenry is winning the race to the bottom of the intelligence scale.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
fer, instead of for. and words ending in, ing. grow'en, mow'in, talk'en, etc. growing, mowing, talking, etc. It's lazy speech.

Latest posts

Top Bottom