What in the He!! is this world coming to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in a large doctors office waiting room today (serves 4 or 5 doctors).

There are rest rooms in the short hallway leading to the doctors offices.

A middle aged lady in a wheel chair came out of the doctors offices and was trying to enter the ladies room, without much success. She just couldn't push hard enough to open the door.

There we're three men between me and the wheelchair lady sitting on their butts just watching her.

I finally got up and bee lined to the lady and asked if I could help her.

She said "O please sir, would you?"

I pushed her into the ladies room and on the way out grabbed a passing nurse and told her to go in and help the lady out when she was finished. She did.

On the way back to my chair in the corner, I gave all three of the guys my best "Eat sh*t and go straight to He!!" look. Two of them just looked the other way and the other just looked down.

My long deceased mother would have turned over in her grave if I didn't get up to help her.

Also, If I witnessed one of my young sons doing what those so called "men" had done, they would have been very uncomfortable sitting for a day or two.

OK....rant off.

But again.....What in the He!! is this world coming to?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
161215-F-YG475-529.JPG

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, when everyone is offended by everything, nobody wants to lend a helping hand because it may "offend" the person you're trying to help because they see it as you're treating them as disabled.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OP's report mimics a report I saw on the news today. A lady fell out of her wheelchair in an airport, and laid on the ground while hundreds of people walked by while she was asking for help. It's a sad society when we can't take a second to help the disabled.
I can assure you they want to do it themselves without assistance but physical limitations sometimes don't allow that to happen and they need additional assistance. I'm speaking as a father of a disabled son in a wheelchair that has been in that position more than once.
He prides himself on being independent, but sometimes it's just not possible.
Do the world a favor and help a fellow human when they need it. Spend that extra 3 seconds to hold a door open for elderly or disabled. Your life will be rewarded by doing so because you will have self respect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom